According to an email from Concert, the sales centre for this project is nearing completion and is scheduled to open this September.
The site looks like a scene from Detroit currently, all boarded up like from a horror movie. They should start working on it so it doesn’t scare away potential buyers.

A couple teaser renderings from a promo email by Concert:

1598619608092.png

1598619625704.png

This section of Sherbourne/Bloor needs a modern bright tall glass “reflective” building like this to brighten up the area a little and add diversity of architectural styles. I’m glad it’s not another drab dark blue building! It’s growing on me.

Concert seems to build pretty high quality stuff. Their interiors are also very high end. I feel like Concert is less likely to cheap out like Alterra did on their horrible Sherbourne/Wellesley project.

It’s not as nice as what Lanterra has originally planned but I do think it will improve things greatly in this area.

Is it normal that the proposal to construct the 53 story tower would still be in review this late in the game? I thought Lanterra already received permission for this before Concert took over?

With all the construction issues at 88 Scott, including a recent major flood affecting 10+ floors and only one elevator in service for 58 floors, I'm not so optimistic about how this one will turn out.

With all the construction issues at 88 Scott, including a recent major flood affecting 10+ floors and only one elevator in service for 58 floors, I'm not so optimistic about how this one will turn out.

Perhaps they learned from their mistakes?

Perhaps they learned from their mistakes?
Maybe! But they’ve yet to fix them... they’re ongoing and still have no idea why there’s so many issues plaguing the building. They have over 50 units for rent there now as no one will touch the building. Pretty unfortunate.

Back