IMG_0704.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    988.1 KB · Views: 1,542
  • IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,599
Glad that things are happening around this intersection. But I think this and the one west of spadina on college - the tribute one, are good testament that shorter can have bigger bulkier presence and feel more over bearing than a taller slimmer point tower.

Glad that things are happening around this intersection. But I think this and the one west of spadina on college - the tribute one, are good testament that shorter can have bigger bulkier presence and feel more over bearing than a taller slimmer point tower.

This isn't short by any means for this area. I find it unlikely anyone would build a point tower student residence. Even the original height still had a large floor plate.

What will it take for that nightmarish structure with the Burger King, etc. to be developed? Such a waste of such prominent space.

It hasn't been treated well, but it looks like it started off as a sleek minimalist modern building which perhaps housed a bank, similar to the more midcentury modern CIBC kitty corner to this location. I've always wondered about its origins.

Last edited:
Purpose-built private student housing is terrible. There's, of course, the Campus Common building at Gerrard and Church. There's the craptacular pre-cast towers in the University/King/Columbia area of Waterloo. Now this.

The condos geared to investors and student rentals like Pace are boring, but at least mostly aren't eyesores.

Back