Yes, we need to invest in more idiot proofing. Bollards everywhere; especially along all bike paths. Every day I encounter a slew of motorists parked in them. It would help if law enforcement were instructed to have said vehicles removed every time they see it .... but I guess they're too busy doing their doughnut run.

I rode a bike from the streetcar loop all the way east, saw a nice chunky wooden bench for a stretch, but no impediments to vehicles. Could see how someone on the east end might confuse it for a drive way I suppose. Not sure if delivery cars are still parking up in between buildings, but there doesn’t seem to be an impediment from there either.

I suppose it’s best that it’s all housing back there, until maybe the other side gets built. But a bit disappointed there’s not much retail. On the south side.

Forgot these. Bollards set up to, I dunno- protect the trees? It’s funny cuz they almost need some sort of a gate there to keep drivers out of the “official” TTC parking area too. When I was by there today, there was a flatbed truck with drywall… don’t think they were TTC maintenance.

IMG_1894.jpeg
IMG_1203.jpeg

IMG_0165.jpeg
More
IMG_0162.jpeg
shots of public area on the south side. New details are wood beam seating on concrete wall as well as Cotten steel planters. And I noticed how strongly this space will extend/connect to the passage in The Distillery.

Also had the opportunity to see the amenities and views from the 5th and 8th levels. Amazing! CCxA has really outdone themselves as can be seen in the outdoor dining areas, the fenced in toddlers area and the great attention to detail. And the views in all directions are sublime!

IMG_0166.jpeg
IMG_0168.jpeg
IMG_0168.jpeg
IMG_0169.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_0157.jpeg

So the posts on the south side of the walkway have a cable draped and connected to the building, which the plazas in-between the podiums also have. Are those for Christmas lights or is there another purpose?

So the posts on the south side of the walkway have a cable draped and connected to the building, which the plazas in-between the podiums also have. Are those for Christmas lights or is there another purpose?
I believe that they are for permanent lanterns.

Back