Do we know the ratio of residences to commercial spaces for the ground floor/street facing units?

There is only one commercial unit in the tallest building but i believe it does not face the street. Most of the ground level is townhouses.

Is it bad if I boo that? I think it serves the area to have some diversity of use, and it would mean less cars if residents needs could be met by popping downstairs. Or offer employment. The one unit I think is definitely commercial is the one on Cherry/streetcar loop. But I can’t figure out if it will be one big space or a couple. I think I know what you mean with the non-street facing units- cuz i recall seeing a mock up with shops and cafe tables. It would be weird to have resident patios facing onto a busy Mill while giving shops the pedestrian walkway to the south. Who can say really?

8ECAD6A4-9ABF-4F13-8DDA-913F34F61AED.jpeg

These are the Mill St frontages (western building)

7DDB32E0-6C1D-41A8-90A6-D9111D5CE43F.jpeg

Then we’ve got the southern side (western building)

78208E73-79CA-4F5C-9D54-B85C9D091351.jpeg

It’s a long series of glass frontage on Cherry.

I think the idea for the overall plan was to focus the commercial on Front St and have the next streets over be more quiet residential streets. Front St there isn't extremely lively right now, but with quite a few more people moving in over the next few years, that should change.

Wondering if Regent Park’s affordable development is something to look at for this. Granted they had some cultural entities take space at the ground level. We don’t even know how the school is going to look.

i think live-work units similar to those across mill street would be an appropriate mix at grade here

possibly the best residential building going up in this city right now. Just excellent.

I think the only two real competitors at this point are this and Mirvish Village. Interested to see how Cobe's Summerhill project and the BIG King W project turn out, but this is setting a good bar.

I like Mirvish, but the material quality and detailing here are leagues ahead. Portions of the Well are definitely up there (terracotta clad section, covered pedestrian mall), although as a whole I'd agree this project is just about the best in the city.

Wish we'd get a clone of this in place of the current iteration of the COBE summerhill Project.

The Well is far below what we're getting here. What this development's got, among other things, is extraordinary materially and attention to detail. What The Well's got is a nice atrium and that it's bigly. The vastly-scaled "mid-rises" on Wellington, with their clunky window-wall, frankly are ugly. So too are the ersatz "structural" elements and cheap green glass on the office tower.

Back