D201959D-86A6-436A-A372-35BA0B09983C.jpeg

side note, how do forum users prevent their photos from being compressed to death when uploading?

side note, how do forum users prevent their photos from being compressed to death when uploading?
Hopefully they're not being compressed to death, but if you feel that way, I'm not sure anyone's put it in such dire terms before! The widest our software can publish is at 1280 pixels wide, so if you downsize to that and then process your pic to be as good looking as it can at that resolution, hopefully you'll get a satisfactory result!

Hopefully they're not being compressed to death, but if you feel that way, I'm not sure anyone's put it in such dire terms before! The widest our software can publish is at 1280 pixels wide, so if you downsize to that and then process your pic to be as good looking as it can at that resolution, hopefully you'll get a satisfactory result!

Sir, it’s a life and death situation!

However, let me try that next time :p

Sir, it’s a life and death situation!

However, let me try that next time :p

Feel free to move this somewhere more appropriate.

… Just squeezed tightly but still room to breath. 🤔

That worked for me to get from (~16MB raw to ~5MB jpeg Lightroom to Apple) to under 400KB Apple photos to U.T.

Then I tried resizing another jpeg Apple photo in another app to 1280wide and the end result is now uploaded to 800KB on U.T. The distance all these bites have to travel, they must be hungry.

I remember an iPhone screen capture of a Lightroom RAW photo dowloaded at 1MB on U.T. one time.

Maybe I should just use my camera phone and save some time and storage? WYSIWYG.

Is there a forum to discuss best practices for pictures such as processing, picture size, zoom, portrait, landscape, source. Who is viewing on what platform. Best experience for end user viewing. Phone, tablet, PC, laptop?

There was this post pinned to the forum under “photos and video” but haven’t looked for an update in awhile.

UrbanToronto offers a number of easy ways to share your photos and files with our large community. Note that files sizes are capped at 3mb (ideally 1400 pixels wide) and that you need to be a member of UrbanToronto and logged in to post and upload.

1. UrbanToronto's Uploader

All threads that have an associated Project Database page now allow for photos to be uploaded from your computer, phone and other mobile devices. Threads with an associated Project Database contain an image of a "camera" in the header of the page. Clicking on the "camera" will launch the uploader that will allow you to add multiple photos along with a comment that will be posted directly into the thread.

View attachment 49131

2. Forum Software
The new forum software (XenForo) has changed the way we can upload photos and other images. This includes jpgs, gifs and pdfs. At the bottom right of each page you'll see "Upload a File" link. Add a comment and then click the link and up will come a screen that will allow you to grab any image or group of images.

View attachment 49141

At that point you'll see the photos that you want to post. You can post as a "Thumbnail" or "Full Image". We prefer "Full Image" which makes it easier for our readers to see your pictures.

View attachment 49134

3. Editing Toolbar
Click the image link and paste in the URL. This is for images already on a website.
View attachment 49135

The image next to it allows you to post videos.
View attachment 49136

4. Flickr, Imgur, Photobucket, Instagram
Flickr: BBCode
View attachment 49137

Imgur: BBCode or Linked BBCode
View attachment 49138

Photobucket: IMG
View attachment 49139
Instagram: Embed Code
View attachment 49140

Feel free to move this somewhere more appropriate.

… Just squeezed tightly but still room to breath. 🤔

That worked for me to get from (~16MB raw to ~5MB jpeg Lightroom to Apple) to under 400KB Apple photos to U.T.

Then I tried resizing another jpeg Apple photo in another app to 1280wide and the end result is now uploaded to 800KB on U.T. The distance all these bites have to travel, they must be hungry.

I remember an iPhone screen capture of a Lightroom RAW photo dowloaded at 1MB on U.T. one time.

Maybe I should just use my camera phone and save some time and storage? WYSIWYG.

Is there a forum to discuss best practices for pictures such as processing, picture size, zoom, portrait, landscape, source. Who is viewing on what platform. Best experience for end user viewing. Phone, tablet, PC, laptop?

There was this post pinned to the forum under “photos and video” but haven’t looked for an update in awhile.
It probably would make the most sense to hold this discussion in the Uploading Photos, Videos, and Files thread.

Back