Actually I don't mind it. Almost done.

IMG_0307.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG

New Affordable Rental Homes for Seniors Coming in late Spring 2024

In late Spring 2024, 126 new affordable rental homes are opening at 2346 Weston Rd. (Carrying Place Vista), including studio, one-, and two-bedroom rental homes. To apply, at least one member of your household must be 59 years old or over.

2346Weston.com Inc. has released an Expression of Interest (EOI) for the new affordable housing rental homes. These studio, 1 and 2 bedroom homes are located at 2346 Weston Rd. with rents set at $1,313, $1,594, and $1,839 per month (utilities are extra).

For more information about the EOI and the selection process, please visit https://www.2346weston.ca/

The deadline for applications is March 30, 2024 at 5 PM EST.

Regards,
The Housing Secretariat Team

1709322792178.png

1709322814138.png

1709322835086.png

New Affordable Rental Homes for Seniors Coming in late Spring 2024

In late Spring 2024, 126 new affordable rental homes are opening at 2346 Weston Rd. (Carrying Place Vista), including studio, one-, and two-bedroom rental homes. To apply, at least one member of your household must be 59 years old or over.

2346Weston.com Inc. has released an Expression of Interest (EOI) for the new affordable housing rental homes. These studio, 1 and 2 bedroom homes are located at 2346 Weston Rd. with rents set at $1,313, $1,594, and $1,839 per month (utilities are extra).

For more information about the EOI and the selection process, please visit https://www.2346weston.ca/

The deadline for applications is March 30, 2024 at 5 PM EST.

Regards,
The Housing Secretariat Team

View attachment 544782

View attachment 544783
View attachment 544784

* off topic to this site, arguably, but reminds me that Toronto has a raft of Long-term care projects, nominally approved by the province, but not able to proceed due to under-funding by the province. Some of those would really benefit hospitals, dealing w/'bed blockers' too ill to go home, but who don't require acute care; some would benefit those currently living in private housing/rooming houses and free up space for others who don't require care.

- Sinai/Bridgepoint
- George Street Revitalization
- Providence House Scarborough
- New City of Toronto LTC in Scarborough.

And more.

Last edited:
Reactions: AHK
Underfunding tends to be tied to budgetary constraint. I'd be building myself a supertall along with many of you building supertalls if money/budget was no object. Funding is the biggest hurdle for any project to be built.

Underfunding tends to be tied to budgetary constraint. I'd be building myself a supertall along with many of you building supertalls if money/budget was no object. Funding is the biggest hurdle for any project to be built.

The problem here is that the way LTC is financed by the province is in the per diem paid for the bed; ie. the cost of land and buildings is paid back over time by the operating fee.

But the province essentially pays more or less the same for a bed in Toronto as it does in Sudbury.

One is much more expensive to deliver than the other.

No one is talking about giving LTC owners in Toronto carte blanche for rooms lined with Marble and exteriors in limestone.

We're talking about realistic funding to build a bed in a very expensive real estate market, where it is necessary to build taller than it is where land is cheaper, where parking has to be underground etc etc.

It doesn't change what I said. That would require increasing the budget or fewer beds overall in Ontario. It's not an ideal situation but, the best course may just be to encourage more beds in Sudbury where you get a lot more bang for your buck.

Back