Is this going to be 47 stories on top of a 5 story podium?

If so it is going to have quite a presence.

Is it going to be as tall as the Film Festival tower?

Festival Tower - 541 ft. 42 floors
Casa - 453 ft. 46 floors

Moving along

Working on 20th level now. Seems to be going at a rate of 1 floor per week. Attached is a photo taken from Bloor & Yonge

Attachments

• B-Y.jpg
    B-Y.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 475
Apparently, installation of windows will begin sometime next week :)

I VERY EXCITE! :D

How realistic is the August expected occupancy date? The building has been going up nicely without any delays since they set that date. However I recall Clear Spirit (a similar sized project) had reached it's full height in the summer of 07 and didn't occupy until August 08. Casa probably won't top off until Feb March?

Also, I know the ARC @ Bayview & Sheppard is scheduled for Feb 09 and that's maybe 15 floors I'm guessing, has probably 1 or 2 floors to go and the glass is practically finished on most of it.

Does anybody know the targeted occupancy for BSN?

If they keep at this rate, they should reach the top of CASA by the end of April/beginning of May. Completion for BSN is anyone's guess.

Very exciting about the glass... I'll have to go by later this week and check it out.

I'll let you know when the glass arrives casaguy, my kids get picked up by the school bus right across the street every day, so I see everything that goes on there.

That would be much appreciated, Androiduk.

The arrival of the glass for this project ranks up there with the arrival of the tower crane in terms of defining moments.

So far it's what I was expecting and hoping for although it appears the glass does not run uninterrupted from floor to ceiling. And what's with the tiny window within the pane that looks like it's for venting smoke? Is that needed when there are sliding glass doors?

Last edited:
More CASA, Nov. 3rd. This does indeed looks promising.

Last edited:
I see the ambulance stopped beside that walkway. Did one of the homeless kiel over?

Those poor souls take so much abuse here!

poor souls?

Got back from that all you can eat japanese restaurant which is beside Casa and the Sanctuary (this was about 2 weeks ago)... some bum wearing a dog mask (yes a halloween dog mask) was standing outside waving a frying pan in one hand and a hat in another, trying to get some money from the people walking around and the cars on that road.

Not sure what else to say about 'solutions' to this matter, -just stating what happaned.

Oh, and I dont recommend that AYCE place either... you definately get what you pay for ($11 lunch).

Back