I'm not sure where the name 'Opera Place' came from, but am pretty sure no opera house was proposed here (maybe one was torn down here?) :confused:

Sorry to take this OT again.. but I'm surprised you aren't familiar with the old National Opera Ballet House proposal for this site. It fronted Bay (before those abominable things were built). It was a simply massive proposal by Moshe Safdie, so PoMo it makes the Louvre pyramid look tame.

Actually, the Louvre Pyramid *is* tame--because, being Pei, it's more LateMo than PoMo.

Safdie's Opera proposal was more like a fussified paraphrase of Louis Kahn's Bangladeshi Parliament...

awesome photos

^It really is quite amazing nothing has come of that lot which is only 30 seconds away from Wellesley subway. I'd rather see U Condos go there.

As for Casa, here's a view from above taken this morning. In the first pic you can clearly make out the pool.

And as much as I'm really liking the glass, I gotta say I'm still rather partial to the render artist's version.

I was really hoping for just the slightest hint of purple and a lighter grey for the mullions (is that the word?).

poolrender.jpg

DSCN3950med.jpg

Great photos casaguy. At first I thought you took them from a helicopter.

Absolutey amazing photos!
How DID you take them?
CN Tower and telephoto lense? Angle doesn't seem right.

Press release from Cresford which seems to interpret their bottom of the barrel customer service ranking rather differently:

Cresford Developments donates CASA, a chic new condominium to the Teddy Bear Affair in support of the Children's Aid Foundation

TORONTO, Nov. 7 /CNW/ - More than 1,000 guests are expected to gather at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre on Saturday, November 15th for a magical night of fun and philanthropy in support of the Children's Aid Foundation annual Teddy Bear Affair, a premier fundraising event devoted to helping abused, neglected and high-risk children across Canada.

Cresford Developments has supported the Teddy Bear Affair for the past 2 years, and was honored last year for their contributions at the Foundation's Recognition Event. "The Teddy Bear Affair is one of the most important fundraising events in Toronto," said Maria Athanasoulis, Vice President of Marketing and Sales of Cresford Developments, the developer who will donate CASA, a new condominium valued at approximately $285,000CAD.

"We're certain that the stunning, first class views, courtesy of the building's sleek floor to ceiling windows and the chic Armani Casa furnishings and accessories in the lobby and common areas will appeal to the sophisticated supporters of the Foundation." The building is situated in the fashionable Bloor Street neighbourhood, and features an outdoor pool and hot tub, rooftop terrace with double-sided fireplace and chic city lounge and guest suites.

"The outcome of the Teddy Bear Affair far exceeds my expectations each year," says Ann Barnard Ball, Executive Director of the Children's Aid Foundation. "The generosity of our guests and donors helps us change the lives of so many children in need. Their support means so much, and we are proud to provide them with an unforgettable evening with magnificent prizes, mesmerizing entertainment and superb food."

"As always, 100 per cent of event proceeds from this year's event will be directed to children and youth programs in the areas of education, enrichment and prevention," Barnard Ball added. Winner of the 2006 and 2003 Canadian Industry Awards Best Fundraising Event, the Teddy Bear Affair is celebrating its 22nd anniversary this year and is expected to raise significant funds to give more than 300,000 children and youth the skills and support they need to overcome the challenging odds of poverty, neglect and abuse. Last years' Teddy Bear Affair raised $1.7 million dollars for children in need.

Visit the Children's Aid Foundation website at www.cafdn.org from November 1st to the 14th at 5pm to place a bid. Those that register an online bid will be contacted to be a part of the bidding frenzy the night of the gala alongside the guests of the Teddy Bear Affair during the live auction.

About the Teddy Bear Affair

Winner of the Canadian Industry Awards Best Fundraising Event for 2006 and 2003, the Teddy Bear Affair is recognized as one of Toronto's best social events. The ongoing success of the evening is a direct result of the Foundation's ability to create an exciting and memorable experience for some of Canada's most influential and charitable people.

About the Children's Aid Foundation

Founded in 1979, the Children's Aid Foundation is a national charity dedicated to improving the lives of abused, neglected and high-risk children in Canada. The Foundation works with Children's Aid Societies and other child welfare agencies across the country to fund prevention, enrichment and education programming.

About Cresford Developments

Cresford is an established residential developer with a reputation for consistently meeting and exceeding the condominium needs of their clients. In business for over 30 years, Cresford's experience is vast. It's the company's respected knowledge of the industry, attention to today's trends and focus on tomorrow's vision that gives Cresford a well-recognized leading edge advantage. Cresford believes in doing things differently and doing things right - with an enthusiastic commitment to the homeowner, their life and their style.

For more information on CASA, please visit: www.casacondominium.com

Interesting test swatch. I would have gone with a light grey ( to complimentthat great looking brick).

Attachments

• 11[1].20.08 008.jpg
    11[1].20.08 008.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 466
  • 11[1].20.08 009.jpg
    11[1].20.08 009.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 461
Granny, I think you've been nipping into the sauce again. We've already had this discussion a couple of pages ago...

Granny, I think you've been nipping into the sauce again. We've already had this discussion a couple of pages ago...

LOL! I do have a tendency to come late to the party.:)

Thanks, Mike. Looks like another 25 levels still to go and it indeed looks like BSN will top off before Casa catches up.

Floors 6-11 look to be glassed in now (except for the sliding glass doors). I hope this bodes well for working on the interiors while the tower is still growing.

Back