Casa Lobby By Night

For those who don't have the benefit of scoping out this stunner in person at night I hope this gives a taste of the work in progress. A few angles of the incomplete Casa lobby taken late Saturday night.

Impressive, yes?

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

This lobby is stunningly bad! It is a waste of energy (how much does it cost to light it like that!) and do you really want the whole world being able to look into your lobby like that? I sure don't, how about some privacy please! I guess some people like to have their lobby on display like that but I personally find it repulsive.

For those who don't have the benefit of scoping out this stunner in person at night I hope this gives a taste of the work in progress. A few angles of the incomplete Casa lobby taken late Saturday night.

Impressive, yes?

Stunning. The best lobby in the city by far. I would love to walk home through that lobby everyday. Lucky owners.

This lobby is stunningly bad! It is a waste of energy (how much does it cost to light it like that!) and do you really want the whole world being able to look into your lobby like that? I sure don't, how about some privacy please! I guess some people like to have their lobby on display like that but I personally find it repulsive.
The building is somewhat interesting and gives a little more definition to the burgeoning Bloor/Yonge skyline, but other than that, why the incessant pumping for Casa in these threads ?

If I lived in a building with such a gorgeous lobby I'd want the whole world to enjoy it too. The Great Man - Peter Clewes - has outdone himself - it's a lobby that people will go out of their way to walk past, I'll bet.

Let those with dark, repulsive secrets lurk in shadowy lobbies. Let them live in the dreary BSN. Let them guard their privacy, and hide from our view - and let us be thankful that they do.

Impressive, yes?

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Amazing pics. Thanks DT Toronto!

If I lived in a building with such a gorgeous lobby I'd want the whole world to enjoy it too. The Great Man - Peter Clewes - has outdone himself - it's a lobby that people will go out of their way to walk past, I'll bet.

Let those with dark, repulsive secrets lurk in shadowy lobbies. Let them live in the dreary BSN. Let them guard their privacy, and hide from our view - and let us be thankful that they do.

Why do you feel the need to insult me? Isn't that against the Urban Toronto rules or is there is a double standard here???

By the way, the BSN lobby is not dark and shadowy, it is sophisticated and it doesn't need to be transparent and lit really bright to show itself to the world like a spoiled little child. When I think of Casa, I think of shiny jewellery or watches with lots of crystals and embellishments that scream out “look at me, look at meâ€. That pretty much sums up Casa. If you want sophisticated you buy at a place like BSN that knows it is elegant but doesn’t need to scream it out to the world. BSN is classy and refined, whereas Casa is tacky and gaudy.

By the way, let's keep the insults directed at the buildings, not the people (notice how my post is not attacking you personally! Do you understand the difference?)

The only attractive aspect of BSN is that it offers views of the beautiful Casa.

It's disturbing that anyone would find the values of lightness, and openness, and transparency that are so delightfully expressed in our best local architecture to be "repulsive" ... as you do.

Do you have opinions on any buildings in Toronto other than BSN and Casa?

pepper79:

Why do you feel the need to insult me? Isn't that against the Urban Toronto rules or is there is a double standard here???

How does a negative comment about a building equate to a personal insult? (and that's considering the amount of negative comments from you with regards to this building) If you can't engage in this particular thread without descending to such a level, I would suggest that you read and not post here.

When I think of Casa, I think of shiny jewellery or watches with lots of crystals and embellishments that scream out “look at me, look at me”.

Funnily enough, it's BSN that has all the embellishments to its' architectural style, not Casa.

And thanks dt_toronto_geek for a great series of pics on a great building with a great lobby.

AoD

Can't help sensing the tribute to Vancouver's Dal Grauer Substation here

Dal-Grauer-Substation-712314.jpg

And pepper79, if you think that's "less sophisticated" than the BSN lobby, time to whip out the banjo and play "Deliverance"...

The lobby is stunning and quite amazing aesthetically speaking. What are those murals made of? Are they different types/shades of wood?

By the way, the BSN lobby is not dark and shadowy, it is sophisticated and it doesn't need to be transparent and lit really bright to show itself to the world like a spoiled little child. When I think of Casa, I think of shiny jewellery or watches with lots of crystals and embellishments that scream out “look at me, look at meâ€. That pretty much sums up Casa. If you want sophisticated you buy at a place like BSN that knows it is elegant but doesn’t need to scream it out to the world. BSN is classy and refined, whereas Casa is tacky and gaudy.

By the way, let's keep the insults directed at the buildings, not the people (notice how my post is not attacking you personally! Do you understand the difference?)

pepper i don't see the insults that you are talking about. I think when someone makes a comment about whether they like or dislike a bulidiing it has nothing do with you personally. I am not sure why you have to hate on everything. I think you are looking to start another argument (not a debate) on this thread. I reccomend that everyone ignore pepper and hope that he goes away in the shadows of his bsn unit..........please god i hope.

Back