Today.
IMG_3081.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3081.JPG
    IMG_3081.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 297
I do agree. Imagine if we were all transported to the late 1960s where dozens of towers going up were as similar to each other as the 3 Casa. The only thing separating one from another was its colour scheme. `Complete opposite of today.

Oh yeah, great angle. Thanks. That corner lot...gotta happen.

Agreed, though I remember someone telling me a while back that someone (hospital?) already owns that lot, meaning a high-rise was unlikely. That being said, this has always been one of my dream sites for a super-tall... in fact, anything but a parking lot would fill-in the Bloor Street East canyon nicely.

Agreed, though I remember someone telling me a while back that someone (hospital?) already owns that lot, meaning a high-rise was unlikely. That being said, this has always been one of my dream sites for a super-tall... in fact, anything but a parking lot would fill-in the Bloor Street East canyon nicely.

How bizarre. I was just about to write that I'd love a super tall on that lot and a ground floor tenant that will help retail jump east of Yonge. I'd also like to see some of those office buildings add 30-40 floors like we're seeing at 488 University Ave.

Yep, this convo happened on some thread a while back. That lot is tied to the hospital, if I remember correctly. So, developing it is just more complicated, unfortunately.

I agree...the hospital should sell and build a better one ...but where? That is Prime !

They probably wouldn't have the funds to purchase a new property and build a new hospital from the sale of this one. I suspect the lot will eventually be sold. The revenue stream from the parking is pretty good consistent dollars for the hospital.

I'd prefer a new office building that replaces the parking lot to remain consistent with the heights along this section of Bloor over a tall, mixed use residential tower of typical design standards.

Back