I heard today that the Charles St. post office will be taking the Ardene & Bedo stores on Yonge near Yonge & Charles. They're scheduled to move in June/July of this year.

Capturepost.JPG

I heard today that the Charles St. post office will be taking the Ardene & Bedo stores on Yonge near Yonge & Charles. They're scheduled to move in June/July of this year.

Was this new location also scheduled to be made into condos?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this new location also scheduled to be made into condos?

Nothing on the books here (yet). Two projects have been proposed on the next block south, you may be thinking there.

not both of them. only one.

Last edited by a moderator:
663 Yonge is the old Bedo store. They also have an app. in for 661 Yonge St. which is the address of the office building.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 2A4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 110952 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Jan 29, 2014

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display one illuminated wall sign. **Canada Post**

I love Casa I, and II I can live with, but I won't shed a tear if III doesn't happen. Maybe I'm just getting bored of all-glass condos in general, but it's really not a remarkable enough design theme to warrant these three similar buildings in such close proximity. I love aA and their sleek rectangular point towers, but they look best when punctuating an area otherwise devoid of them. All together I feel like the impact is going to be lost, and the successive phases are actually going to detract from what makes Casa I look so great here.

I love Casa I, and II I can live with, but I won't shed a tear if III doesn't happen. Maybe I'm just getting bored of all-glass condos in general, but it's really not a remarkable enough design theme to warrant these three similar buildings in such close proximity.

I'm definitely with you on this one ~

Back