20221025_175235.jpg
20221025_181253.jpg

Is this Concord's new special now? Atrocious looking top levels to make sure no one can miss how ugly their builds are?

First it was West Block, now this mess.

This one is starting to pleasantly surprise me.

I'm going to stick my neck out here like I did for Sugar Wharf and say that this cladding is going to be better than most people are expecting. The variable width and length opaque sections of the balcony cladding are going to give us a nicely chaotic look to juxtapose against the more rigorous geometries of the surrounding buildings. In a sea of sameness, this will be the kid with freckles and a gap-toothed grin whose face might not be classically beautiful, but will stand out as some badly needed and appreciated character and variation.

How are you feeling about it now?

I must confess, it's not growing on me.

I think it's a nice looking rectangular glass condo. Having a unique looking facade that stands out because of it's balcony patterns display. And the round circular lighting display above the entrance adds to ground floor appearance! Making this building a simple but effective looking tower!

How are you feeling about it now?

I must confess, it's not growing on me.
So… if I liked the "variable width and length opaque sections of the balcony cladding" before, now that there's more of it, I'm supposed to like that less? Anyway, It's still not done, so why ask now? To be provocative before we get a look at the full design played out? I rarely weight in on a design mid-construction, but I did this time, and am able to apply my imagination to the face of a while building without the construction elements there still, and I cannot see why having more of something I liked before would make me like this less now.

So… if I liked the "variable width and length opaque sections of the balcony cladding" before, now that there's more of it, I'm supposed to like that less? Anyway, It's still not done, so why ask now? To be provocative before we get a look at the full design played out? I rarely weight in on a design mid-construction, but I did this time, and am able to apply my imagination to the face of a while building without the construction elements there still, and I cannot see why having more of something I liked before would make me like this less now.

No provactiveness or snark was intended; just curiousity.

Sometimes, opinions are formed when one gets a first look at something playing out, and that opinion is based on a 'sample size' of something unto itself, or with the mind's eye playing out its future in larger form.

As there had been some passage of time, and a great deal more of that cladding, I was wondering if your optimism had remained.

Nothing more, or less.

Surprise, surprise: a newly-erected cheap, flimsy grey-spandrel box disappearing comfortably into a forest of cheap, flimsy grey-spandrel boxes.

Back