Yea i raced to my computer to explain myself but it looks like 42 covered me word for word. Yes i was implying that MOD is the only hope for incorporating these buildings into a tower as opposed to demolishing them.

Basically take a walk downtown, find all of the most interesting charming enclaves in the city that provide opportunities for great things to happen, and then look for the star tattooed on the facade.

A few more like those under demolition nearby on the north side of Richmond. I'm sure those just east of the corner of Widmer and Richmond, on the south side, have their days numbered as well.

Meanwhile, the Hooters on John and Adelaide is left to persist.

http://www.ward20.ca/events_article.php?article=1089

Community Planning Meeting: 263 Adelaide St W, 40-58 Widmer St

The City is holding a Community Consultation meeting where you can learn more about these applications, ask questions and share your comments. Details are as follows:

Date: Monday, December 10, 2012
Time: 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Place: Room 308/309, Metro Hall, 50 John Street West

Proposal – 40 - 58 Widmer Street

This application proposes to develop a 40-storey mixed-use building with a 4-storey podium, ground and second floor commercial and 380 residential units. The proposed building includes four levels of below-grade parking with 73 parking spots and 388 bicycle parking spaces. A Preliminary Report providing background information will be available early in 2013.

To speak to the planner directly, contact Shawna Bowen, at 416-392-9434 or sbowen1@toronto.ca. You may mail your comments to the planner at Toronto and East York District, 100 Queen Street West Floor 18 East Tower Toronto ON, M5H 2N2. You may also contact Councillor Adam Vaughan, Ward 20, at (416) 392-4042.

Are those vertical lines something other than glass? They look like a different texture. If that's the case, then I think this has the potential to stand out in a good way. If it's just spandrel, then I'll withhold my judgment until we get a better render. I'm not too fond of those houses because of their location. The ones truly worth saving (in my opinion) are the ones North of the Dundas/Beverley intersection.

Actually I think I will have to wait to see the real render but I don't hate this.

A8C375CF-FC19-4169-84C6-C9D1E3BDB226-1731-00000169EE41CAEB.jpg

So far, I sure do hate this...reminds me of the apartment buildings you can find in flemo park, except this is made with glass. Lets hope the podium will end up nice.

Back