Well, again, folks: less a matter of what it is, than what it's replacing--or at least, it's all compounded by what it's replacing...

hmm, it has the potential to look good though ... so not sure how the contents i.e. the layouts of the units effect the property value of units in nearby buildings ... if it looks terrible sure but there's no indication of that yet.

Aesthetically I think it looks very good...what's troubling to me is that looking at the floorplans I expect this to be 90% rentals, and cheap rentals that will attract mostly students. Not that I have anything against students, but not what we want to see as far as Charles E becoming an upscale street.

Don't think such nonsense. I had a sneak peak at the price list today, and these units at Chaz are going to be very expensive!! This is going to drive up our value at CASA big time, i believe.
I think many of the units are quite kool actually. Some interesting shapes to work with. The guy that said the floor plans were generic was way off base. Like them or not, they are NOT generic!

Anyways, will be very interesting to see how quickly they sell.

How did you see the price list? I went into the building yesterday exactly for that purpose and there was nothing at all to be found inside just yet even though they've put the "sales center" sign up. I actually really do like the first floorplan...very very nicely laid out large 1 plus den that a single person or couple could live in. My only little nit-pick on that floorplan is that it doesn't have as much window as my CASA corner unit but that's more to do with window space vs the floorplan which is excellent. I think the rest of the layouts though are garbage...some not quite as bad but some awful. You have to look at the dimensions as well other than looking at something and saying "hmmm, this looks good"....some of the living spaces at under 10' feet deep which is very narrow to me...and one of the larger units has a living space that's something like 10x7...on the drawing it doesn't look that small...but I would certainly not be able to entertain many friends in a 10x7 space. Some of the bedrooms are only 8 feet on one end...rediculous.

I know there's been talk about the builders taking all the profit on pre-construction these days, combine that with a market peak and I beleive that anyone that buys a "rental" unit here is purely speculating and lost their head in this market like the people that lined up for days at 1B a couple years back to pay 500K for 585sq ft. There will also been MANY units in this building given the number of units per floor...I really don't know how they're going to sell all the units in this thing at 600psqf. Why in the right mind would I pay that in this building which might get built in 4 years when I could buy a new unit re-sale in CASA with a view for about 550sqft.

.and one of the larger units has a living space that's something like 10x7...on the drawing it doesn't look that small...but I would certainly not be able to entertain many friends in a 10x7 space. Some of the bedrooms are only 8 feet on one end...rediculous.

d...i guess i'm just not seeing that. The floorplans look brilliiant to me. I especially love the kitchen setups....many in triangular formations that reduce the amount of wated kitchen space most buildings have. I don't see the small living rooms you mention. Most are quite spacious. There are always a few plans that won't suite you, but by and large i think they've done a great job on these. This is a very unique building with kool floorplans and a very neat building shape. Figures to be something of a landmark in the Yonge Bloor area i believe. Not sure why there is so much negative feedback on the forum. Overall, i really like the building and the floorplans.

After taking a look, they don't look that bad...there are some decent layouts...just "small"....then there are some atrocious ones.

That 1 bedroom at 428SF is going to get snatched up with the quickness. This will be one giant rental building.

What an odd-ball building! The suite layouts are atrocious compared with those at Radio City. I suppose every garden is bound to have a few weeds. Sigh..

hmm, this one looks interesting - it may turn out really well I think.

I would never consider this project. Prices are far too high, 757 sq ft. starting at a half million is far too much in my eyes, parking at $45,000 is among the highest I've ever seen as well.
While I do like the area, I really cannot see this being a quick seller. With better projects nearby like X2 (which is cheaper), as well as half-decently priced resale, $300k for a tiny 1 bedroom isn't going to be an easy sale. Off the top of my head that sounds like $600+ per square foot for smaller units, nearing $700 per square foot for larger ones. Was Casa this expensive?

This might be the straw that broke the camel's back for the current post-recession boom. It's happened in many cities around the world before, an outrageously expensive project comes onto the market, people finally realize just how much of a rip-off the market (especially the pre-construction market) as a whole is at that particular moment in time, and it all resets. The tell-tale signs are already quite apparent.

I would never consider this project. Prices are far too high, 757 sq ft. starting at a half million is far too much in my eyes, parking at $45,000 is among the highest I've ever seen as well.
While I do like the area, I really cannot see this being a quick seller. With better projects nearby like X2 (which is cheaper), as well as half-decently priced resale, $300k for a tiny 1 bedroom isn't going to be an easy sale. Off the top of my head that sounds like $600+ per square foot for smaller units, nearing $700 per square foot for larger ones. Was Casa this expensive?

This might be the straw that broke the camel's back for the current post-recession boom. It's happened in many cities around the world before, an outrageously expensive project comes onto the market, people finally realize just how much of a rip-off the market (especially the pre-construction market) as a whole is at that particular moment in time, and it all resets. The tell-tale signs are already quite apparent.

Pre-Construction pricing is making the resale market look very, very appealing. These prices are near that of 1 Bloor. Laughable....simply laughable

I just thought of a way to get rich of this thing if people actually create a line-up to buy. I'm going to stand outside and sell snake oil to all the suckers who would probably buy it from me.

I just thought of a way to get rich of this thing if people actually create a line-up to buy. I'm going to stand outside and sell snake oil to all the suckers who would probably buy it from me.

It bothers me that people think they will make money off of a 700/ft unit by either renting or flipping it. I'm hoping these "investors" are much more educated than I think they are.

i am willing to stand outside and wait for $1,000/day is there are any buyers out there wanting to get ahead of the queue ... that will be cash up front please !

Wow, very ambitious pricing. $50,000 for storage and parking is very stiff for any neighborhood.
There are so many better buildings out there.

I wouldn't be surprised that this building will be redesigned to satisfy the changing market.

Back