G.L.17

Member Bio
Reaction score
Here's a new one. From KWT's newsletter:
ONE Properties has acquired the properties at the northwest corner of Church and Wellesley and intends to submit an application for a new mixed-use development. After preliminary meetings with planning staff, Councillor Wong-Tam and representatives of the Church-Wellesley Neighbourhood Association, ONE Properties has agreed to engage in a more extensive consultative process and will be hosting three pre-application visioning sessions in early 2017.

At the heart of the Church-Wellesley Village, this intersection helps to define the neighbourhood. Your input into the planning process can help shape it for the future. In addition to the three pre-application consultations there will also be an official rezoning consultation scheduled at a later date, plus a public meeting at Toronto and East York Community Council if it goes forward.

The pre-application consultations will be held on the following dates:

Community Consultation 1: Existing Conditions Analysis and Ideas

Date: Thursday, January 12, 2017
Time: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Location: Currie Hall – 105 Maitland Street (Accessible venue)

Community Consultation 2: Urban Design Principles, Ideas and Concepts

Date: Thursday, February 23, 2017

Community Consultation 3: Concepts and Feedback

Date: Thursday, March 23, 2017

Looks like WAM has rebranded as One Properties.

I can't recall if a thread exists for this, but I know it's been discussed before.

I wonder how accurate these renderings are... Looks interesting!

Church-and-Wellesey-Photo-1.jpg

Church-and-Wellesey-Photo-2.jpg
Church-and-Wellesey-Photo-3.jpg

Attachments

• Church-and-Wellesey-Photo-1.jpg
    Church-and-Wellesey-Photo-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,592
  • Church-and-Wellesey-Photo-2.jpg
    Church-and-Wellesey-Photo-2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,337
  • Church-and-Wellesey-Photo-3.jpg
    Church-and-Wellesey-Photo-3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,258
Oh man, get ready for a fight. This one is not going to sail through.

(Good thing too... seems pretty mediocre)

Pretty substantial development from the perspective of impact it would have on the area. I'm leaving my opinion on this reserved for now until more info is released. However, my first impression would be this needs at least a red brick podium.

Given how the structure for the pre-app consultations are set up, I can't imagine these renderings being anything more than conceptual. It would be at least April before any official applications are submitted to the City.

Are they not able to keep the existing corner building?

I'm usually among the first on these forums to express some desire to keep many of the older buildings on development sites. Not here, though. The front facade (facing Church) of that building isn't even original - it was tacked on presumably years later. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see a lot of value in preserving that one.

Back