• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date

skycandy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Crisp morning view...

P1240787.jpg

Looking forward to a virtually uninterrupted view of Phase two's ascent, just right of L-Tower...

P1240792.jpg

ushahid

Member Bio
Reaction score
1637876112171.png

saw this render in the front page story. are those trains on the left side of park? how do they get down on the track, do they take stairs?

kotsy

Member Bio
Reaction score
View attachment 365497

saw this render in the front page story. are those trains on the left side of park? how do they get down on the track, do they take stairs?

Those trains are parked at Union Station. Most of the green you see isn't the park, it's the green roof for Union Station that never materialized.

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
This is the work on the south side of the Yonge Street bridge on the west side and is something connected with the sight-lines for the CIBC garage exit.

Metrolinx has just announced: "The overnight Yonge Street abutment work between Lake Shore Blvd West and The Esplanade has paused until the end of the year due to unforeseen circumstances. An update will be shared as soon as work resumes."

Metrolinx has been reporting on it for many months as it is their bridge and it seems VERY strange it is dragging on. They had to cut off the corner of the bridge abutment (I think) and were starting to pour new concrete quite a few weeks ago. odd!

kotsy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Do we know that for sure? Or will it simply happen once they've made the roof adjustments for electrification?

I can't say 100% but it's been said a few times in this thread that it's not happening, but I don't recall who said it and how trustworthy their source is.

daniel_kryz

Member Bio
Reaction score
Metrolinx has said themselves that the green roof is cancelled, on the Metrolinx Engage website. Very sad to me... I was really looking forward to it.