fullsizeoutput_3b77.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3b76.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3b75.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3b74.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3b73.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3b70.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3b71.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3b72.jpeg

June 11th pics. Including a gaggle of detail shots.

CIBC.1.jpg

CIBC.2.jpg

CIBC.3.jpg

CIBC.4.jpg

CIBC.5.jpg

CIBC.6.jpg

A closer look at the materiality upstairs. Plus the signed beam!

CIBC.7.jpg

The diaphanous glass appearing on this eastern fin.

CIBC.8.jpg

CIBC.9.jpg

An impressive amount of frontage work done here since my last walk-by...

CIBC.10.jpg

Ample space between Lake Shore Blvd and this tower...

CIBC.11.jpg

Light testing under the canopy...

CIBC.12.jpg

CIBC.13.jpg

CIBC.14.jpg

The Diamond(y) Crown. Taken over the span of almost two hours this morning. Seems longer than your normal 'pane' installation, presumably because they need to get this right. Wind-loading would be formidable. It's also a little higher than the framing. Plenty of onlookers too!

CIBC_1.jpg

CIBC_2.jpg

Workers also on the hoist farther right adding mech cladding.

CIBC_3.jpg

CIBC_4.jpg

CIBC_5.jpg

I really appreciate seeing the west looking view of the building as I'm only exposed to the eastwardly view. I am curious about the process of glass installation as it followed a fairly predictable pattern, then stopped, then was resumed but in this final case started in a non-standard pattern (building one level higher when the lower floor is not complete; and not building yet higher still without completing either stories below first). To say nothing of the mystery of the crane-hoisted basket work.

EDIT: As I re examined the latest photos, I saw one of the floors almost complete for glass; and the basket work may have had to do with pre-work for securing the panes to the beams?

I certainly hope more (or all) of the other bus routes get consolidated into this new building - the Bay terminal is dreadful.
The City (or actually TTC) who own the site certainly want to get it emptied out and sold. The real question is how much of the 'heritage' parts of the building need to be preserved.

I certainly hope more (or all) of the other bus routes get consolidated into this new building - the Bay terminal is dreadful.
Not only that, it's also a vomit comet getting to and fro to that station by said buses for us users who suffer from motion sickness. /bleh

I came down to the core last night via the DVP.....I got off on the Adelaide cut off and headed west towards the city ....and all I can say is WOW! That is the most impressive view of this tower. It's big, and bold and stands out. Will be one of the nicest additions to the skyline in our generation IMO. Can't believe we are getting another one of these.

Back