• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I don't think it goes flat but it loses the trim so the diamond pattern isn't as noticeable.
Indeed - it is faceted all the way to the top but the last 'diamond' is exaggerated up into a dart shape to crown the towers. It'll be interesting to see how the very tops behave optically given that they often have sky behind them, but the glass should have the same reflective characteristics as the floors below. The last bit of these towers' architectural personality to 'discover' - until we can explore inside them anyways.

I really would have loved to see the diamonds be the crown of the buildings. Instead of the glass basically being flat when it ends. This probably isn't making my point well, I'd have to draw it to show what I mean, but I suck at drawing haha.
It actually inverts for the crown - check out the reflections on the crown triangle versus the adjacent ones, they reflect light at the same angle. The uppermost level of the building's floorplate will actually resemble a 4-pointed star rather than a rectangle.

I agree with you, I think keeping the protruding diamond pattern would have been nice, but no complaints from me on this one 0 it will raise the bar for architecture in Toronto significantly.

Frankie Blue Friday 🎶

UP

IMG_2823.jpeg

MIDDLE

IMG_2824.jpeg

DOWN

IMG_2825.jpeg

EAST

IMG_2826.jpeg

And finally, Sinatra sings 🎶 My Way 🎶

IMG_2827.jpeg

Back