• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I personally like the idea of office buildings bearing logos of some of Canadas biggest and most prominent firms. All major banks in Canada in the last decade or so have built another office tower besides their older one that still has their logo on it today Brookfield place for TD and the new 160 front building. RBC centre and RBC waterpark Place, Both new CIBC Square buildings for CIBC, Scotia Plaza and the new Bay Adelaide North tower for Scotia Bank. really the only bank out of the big 5 to yet build a new building second to their older one is BMO. I hope one day they build a new building and consolidate operations from around the GTA. I wish Canadas top insurance companies would also build major buildings downtown with a logo on it like Sunlife did. I also think of Canadas telecom companies having nice new buildings with there logo similar to Telus on Bremner Blvd . I am curious as to what others on here think. Oh Btw this is my first post on here but I have been following UrbanToronto for at least a decade so I am happy to be more engaged now.
Welcome man! Glad you decided to stop lurking and join the conversation! I agree getting office buildings that don't belong to the big banks would be nice. I think there might be the possibility of that happening in the future with some companies.

I would love to see a manulife tower downtown to compliment sun life.

Welcome man! Glad you decided to stop lurking and join the conversation! I agree getting office buildings that don't belong to the big banks would be nice. I think there might be the possibility of that happening in the future with some companies.

I would love to see a manulife tower downtown to compliment sun life.
Thanks i am glad to be here. and yes i totally agree. i saw a few pages back on here someone saying something about Laurentian Bank possibly putting their logo on Commerce Court. I wonder if that's just a rumor or if there is some sorta serious discussion about that. i personally would love to see there logo go up on that building. also i am curious about National Bank Financial i read awhile back there current building in Toronto would be under going some work. i wonder if the logo on the top would change i believe it's just a red rectangle flag and not the current logos you see on buildings in Vancouver or the one that's going up on the new HQ in Montreal. Also I heard HSBC will be adding thier logo to 16 York street. All this is quite exciting.

pro.png

Aside from the topic of logos another thing i have always been thinking about is why has no one ever considered building a tower in the area marked in red with a path extension and skybridge over Yonge St. marked in blue. the current ramp would easily be rebuilt in the space under the Gardiner Expressway merging with lake shore Blvd. freeing up this spot for development

love this building but it is quite dissapointing how difficult it can be to make out the diamond pattern at certain angles let along at night. they may as well not be there past dark. hopefully this can be fixed in the next few years.

looks very nice. you know what have been best option, fading LED lights almost like the St.Regis Toronto. they started from the middle and faded into an X at the beginning of two diamonds..

Another night view with the lantern lit. The diamond lighting isn’t super impressive when all of the interior lights are on. Hopefully many/most office lights will be off at night once the building is fully tenanted.
I might be wrong but is that temporary lighting for construction purposes? It looks brighter than what I'd expect office lights to look like, so perhaps the diamond lighting won't be as washed out once everything is complete.

Back