• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
The grass looks good! Are they waiting for a grand opening?
I’m ready.

98C4AAE5-C497-4554-BE1B-518FF1088AB8.jpeg

47451F0F-B031-4744-B8DD-AE94B41E79C8.jpeg

6258F12C-E3E5-4141-920C-0408B836CEAA.jpeg

11E05B95-510D-44BB-86E6-7FE30FA78D6C.jpeg

BFFD4D01-4DE7-4E0D-AC3A-E87CB6537569.jpeg

Just three photos here, and not of the buildings, current or in progress.......

But rather, the trees.

Unfortunate news in respect of the phase 1 trees on the Bay Street flank.

The super expensive conifer...........

View attachment 402678

Is in deep trouble. While it may yet recover.............die-back of over 50% is pretty grim for a prognosis.

Interestingly, the smaller trees of the same species are doing ok.

So this may be an issue of lack of urban tolerance to the conditions; but it may also be the tree absorbing those conditions having likely had its roots cut way back in order to transplant it.

While it isn't the species I would have chosen for this location, and I noted the risk at the time; I might consider (were it my choice), getting a smaller one, roots in tact as a replacement.

Speaking of trees in trouble, you've heard me harp before that Birch Trees are not appropriate to tough urban locations.............

View attachment 402676

I think they're almost all goners. Not surprising.

By contrast..........look at these:

View attachment 402677

Correct species choice matters.

Something I noticed yesterday while walking by here during the intense rain was that the beds closer to the street are exposed to the sky above and were getting plenty of water from the storm, but the beds closer to the entrance were covered by the glass canopy and were nearly bone dry.

Something I noticed yesterday while walking by here during the intense rain was that the beds closer to the street are exposed to the sky above and we’re getting plenty of water from the storm, but the beds closer to the entrance were covered by the glass canopy and were nearly bone dry.

A real issue; but I'd add, those beds were supposed to be irrigated.

This is my pic of those beds from June 5th 2021:

1654190697241.png

That tubing IS irrigation tubing, which should be just under the mulch they laid down.

Sounds like it's not working/not turned on.....

Here's your first look. ❤️

I can confirm the park is 'open', but not really for the public just yet. Security was quick to point out that photos of any kind were not allowed as of yet. I had snapped a few prior to being told by security.
The view is incredible and offers a unique look down Bay over the staircase and over the Union rail corridor. I think they are working out the rules for the public it seems. You can't have a space like that and not expect the public to snap some photos. Security was friendly, however.

Shot by me. ©

cibcsqpark-thelandofdustin-4-copyright.jpg

cibcsqpark-thelandofdustin-3-copyright.jpg

cibcsqpark-thelandofdustin-2-copyright.jpg

cibcsqpark-thelandofdustin-1-copyright.jpg

cibcsqpark-thelandofdustin-5-copyright.jpg

cibcsqpark-thelandofdustin-6-copyright.jpg

cibcsqpark-thelandofdustin-7-copyright.jpg

Last edited:
I can confirm the park is 'open', but not really for the public just yet. Security was quick to point out that photos of any kind were not allowed as of yet. I had snapped a few prior to being told by security.
The view is incredible and offers a unique look down Bay over the staircase and over the Union rail corridor. I think they are working out the rules for the public it seems. You can't have a space like that and not expect the public to snap some photos. Security was friendly, however.
I hope security doesn't turn out to be like that government facility in Stranger Things, 'cause it's going to suck for a lot peeps who just want hang out there for a break and/or a lunch. >.<

I hope security doesn't turn out to be like that government facility in Stranger Things, 'cause it's going to suck for a lot peeps who just want hang out there for a break and/or a lunch. >.<
It was worse in the years immediately after 9/11, but I’ve found security in the Financial District has always been a pain in the ass for photographers.

Back