• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
What are the park's hours?

EDIT:
Mon to Fri: 6 am to 8 pm
Sat to Sun: 6 am to 5 pm

Unless you were told otherwise (which makes this sign useless) these are the posted hours.

(Photo by @trtcttc)

1655932057984.png

Are there gates on the park? I wonder how they will even enforce those hours. Also heard the food hall will only partially open by the fall. Honestly thought they’d be further along.

Are there gates on the park? I wonder how they will even enforce those hours. Also heard the food hall will only partially open by the fall. Honestly thought they’d be further along.

CCTV monitored by building security, who issues a trespass notice if you refuse to leave.

24/7 on-site security is standard in office buildings.

Seems kind of dumb that for 6 months it opens an hour later and closes an hour earlier. Not what the point of that is.
I have seen minimum opening hours mandated in the Section 37 agreement that established the POPS. (I think Yonge & Rich).

Inside the park area, entrance to the future food hall on the right. Seems to be more of an upscale food hall (like Assembly Chef’s Hall) than the typical PATH food court
Side note: not sure if it’s the diamond shaped glass, but many part of the building has the rainbow reflection that you can see on the right by the elevators
D345DF81-6A55-48CD-ABD5-549863373BF0.jpeg

Not sure if this has been posted but this is the 4th floor “canopy” with access to every elevator bank and the park
93A61CD1-2868-4072-8000-85255EB28153.jpeg

Found this sign to be very odd, it was posted outside the entrance to the lobby above. I’m pretty sure it’s the ”South“ lobby? and what is the point of specifying after hours capacity when it is the same…
1F7452FF-75AB-4C19-86C2-4E7E60EBC74B.jpeg

I know there's been some bitching about the diamonds not being lit properly (aka Hong Kong style), but as demonstrated by AlbertC's photo, I happen to think the result is classy and elegant. And I don't consider myself a boring, staid Torontonian... but sometimes less is more. And the diamonds already have paid for themselves with thousands of stunning daytime and magic hour reflections.

I'm all for the CN Tower going full-on Vegas and using every one of 3,000 programmed/dancing colour LED combos... whenever it's in the mood.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there's been some bitching about the diamonds not being lit properly (aka Hong Kong style), but as demonstrated by AlbertC's photo, I happen to think the result is classy and elegant. And I don't consider myself a boring, staid Torontonian... but sometimes less is more. And the diamonds already have paid for themselves with thousands of stunning daytime and magic hour reflections.

I'm all for the CN Tower going full-on Vegas and using every one of 3,000 programmed/dancing colour LED combos... whenever it's in the mood.
I agree. The more I see the lighting feature the more it grows on me. It wasn't what I was originally expecting hence my initial backlash, but instead of diamonds it's almost as though this building sparkles.

I agree but the light feature is useless at a distance. I guess there's no way for it to be subtle and easy to see from far away.

Back