• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Ok, I'd better get mine up before they stale date, LOL; photos taken August 9th, 2022:

First, just a shot of phase 1 from the corner of York and Front (then construction)

DSC09035.JPG

Hmmm, there's an arm in my shot.......

DSC09069.JPG

Still there:

DSC09070.JPG

Can I get on tippy toes and see what its up to?

DSC09071.JPG

Not quite..........but the result.......is here.........the arm came all the way back up:

DSC09073.JPG

Now just looking at the above-grade bit on the west side of the site (and lots of cranes):

DSC09072.JPG

Silly question: Will those weirdly angled iron beam thingies directly link the bridge park to the north cores as a form of support?
No, those are there just to hold the tower up. I know, boring! Engineers… always with the "this building has to be able to stand up!"

I am a bit surprised as I looked into the pit yesterday and what looked like the new crane pit was filled with water and no sign of the crane support structure but.....
Saw two crane parts in the pit this morning when I came in and the big crane was there. Maybe I mistook this and they are just putting in the crane parts for now.

The waterman on Yonge from King to Queens Quay is scheduled for replacment this fall. Clearly, not a moment too soon!

You're slightly understating the scope of work....

There's also total Sanitary Sewer Replacement.

I'm assuming this will involve open cut and cover work, it's scheduled Fall this year to Fall 2023.

Not showing yet, but I'll assume this means total reconstruction for this part of Yonge in 2024.

You're slightly understating the scope of work....

There's also total Sanitary Sewer Replacement.

I'm assuming this will involve open cut and cover work, it's scheduled Fall this year to Fall 2023.

Not showing yet, but I'll assume this means total reconstruction for this part of Yonge in 2024.
good. yonge. at this part is so dank, dingy and full of potholes....it's a bad first impression of the street when anyone enters it from gardiner expressway. this will give yonge a fresh look.

Back