• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
It does look like a quick design that has little to do with the site.

I'm confused (obviously) aren't the Maple Leaf condo towers planned for the East side of the AC centre?

no, they're going on the west side, on the south side of bremner, across the street from the new telus tower

This would have been great for Bay-Adelaide instead of the standard cookie-cutter boxes that are currently proposed.

Dammit. Why is it that that the best renderings we get are only these types of "conceptual" renderings, yet when they actually announce a project its a box?

so, its going to be built then right?
shovels in the ground tommorrow?

who'll place bets?
who will get built first, saphire or 45 bay?

Banzai!!

Dammit. Why is it that that the best renderings we get are only these types of "conceptual" renderings, yet when they actually announce a project its a box?
Because you don't have tenants to answer to when you're making fantasy concepts.

If they remove 40 or 50 floors from this it has a good chance of being built.

^ The fantasy tower displayed only has 75 floors plus some mechanical space (the document I have has a cross section of the tower and parking facilites) and the site is currently zoned for approximately 1.2 million square feet of office density.

It could certainly support a large scale development, much larger than the 25 or 25 floors that you are suggesting.

John Hancock clone or not that is a design I would look forward to seeing built.

this spot is prime for a thousand footer and it will expand the mint south.it will be surrounded by many towers like mls,pinnacle 3 and 4 ,humming bird all ranging from 500-600 ft.
kind of like signature tower in cityplace but on the east side.

I don't know about John Hancock; in terms of SOM, it's more like Chase Manhattan given a touch of John Hancock taper...

Back