This really looks like it got worse to me. The tower in the north side was great. I wonder why an L shape around the church wasn’t pursued with a tower matching up against Tartu next door?

https://collecdev.com/developments/300-bloor-street-w/

300-bloor-featured.jpg

I see they happen to have some of the cladding material left from 60 Colborne. No complaints, as that project turned out great!

I’m not liking the removal of some portions of the church. There is plenty of room on site to keep the church entirely intact.

I also agree that the church should also be retained to its greatest extent if they're stuffing a 'modern' church into the base of the tower- Toronto is already a city that's lacking great interior spaces. This is coming from someone who usually supports facadism with heritage commercial and residential structures.

That being said, if the project would propose the demolition of the current sanctuary and the reconstruction of the pre-1954 sanctuary within the tower, that could be something I could get behind.

Summary
The purpose of this report is to advise that City Planning staff will be bringing forward a Final Report on the Zoning By-law Amendment Application at 300 Bloor Street West and 478 Huron Street. The report reviews and recommends approval of the application to amend the Zoning By-law, with conditions.

And the summary in the accompanying heritage report notes that this has been recommended for approval at 29 storeys: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2019.TE7.4

Also an interesting tidbit re: heritage:

c. That prior to final Site Plan approval, for the development contemplated for 300 Bloor Street West and 478 Huron Street, the owner shall:
3. Provide a Heritage Lighting Plan that describes how the exterior of the heritage properties will be sensitively illuminated to enhance their heritage character to the satisfaction of the Senior Manager, Heritage Preservation Services and thereafter shall implement such Plan to the satisfaction of the Senior Manager Heritage Preservation Services;

Last edited:
Held By Joe Cressy
300 Bloor Street West and 478 Huron Street - Zoning Amendment Application - Final Report (Ward 11 - Statutory: Planning Act, RSO 1990)

Held By Joe Cressy
300 Bloor Street West and 478 Huron Street - Zoning Amendment Application - Final Report (Ward 11 - Statutory: Planning Act, RSO 1990)
Be sure to update us when they get to this at Council!

What?.. in 3 months
Read the Commerce Court 3 thread for an explanation. This is only being held for later in the meeting… and now it is being held by Mike Layton for some reason. The part of it referring to the heritage alterations has been adopted.

Back