I'd been seeing ads for Cielo Condos in Yorkville for a few months, and was wondering where it was. Makes sense - a condo above a church, you're closer to 'cielo' (heaven or sky). BTW, not a good sign that they misspelled the name (Ceilo).

I believe the sales centre is being set up in one of the retail units along the base of the Prince Arthur condo building on Avenue Road.

^ The sales centre mentioned:

20210712_161424.jpg
20210712_161437.jpg

I just noticed on my way to getting something fattening to consume that two big honking Cielo signs posted on church lot in question. One facing Huron St. on the church parking lot. The other facing Bloor St. W. outside the current church foyer extension. Not sure how long they where up there, but the cement holding the posts in place look fairly recent.

No other signs (no pun intended) of progress with this project I am aware of. And that's if for now.

May take a while. Just like Prime, their signs had been up for like 2 years before demolition started.
I get that. But since the signs weren't there a week or so ago, it's something to report. And since on the 2nd half of my shortcut to Madison & back that will be blocked by this development, I'm taking note of it. >.<

Some changes to the base along Huron Street, including the use of red brick instead of black.

Screenshot_20210821-153014_Instagram.jpg

Losing the angled columns in the porte-cochère is unfortunate. The glassed-in section above the brick has been dumbed down too. I like the stronger chamfering on the tower though.

View attachment 343212
Source

100% agree; and bonus points for the use of the term chamfering!

...and the top floors of the podium now have a whiff of grey spandrel about them.

Back