It does not look like this one is under construction quite yet. Also I think the website was meant as cliffsidecondos.ca
20230505_170450.jpg

This is a nice design. Really hope they opt for real brick or brick slip precast concrete here vs the faux brick sto panels used on the other LCH project down the road. They look pretty atrocious up close.

A new rendering with a bit of a story. When working through the SPA process with the City, they were looking to have a mid-block connection between Kingston Road and Sandown lane on the east side of our property. Initially we showed a 3m walkway with a cantilevered bump-out overhanging the space. The city wasn't a fan of this approach and wanted a full 4.5m setback across the whole east elevation - drastically reducing the GFA. As a solution, we proposed an 8m wide, 7m tall cavern space adjacent a double height restaurant patio, and kept a 0 lot line condition on the east façade from levels 3-7. The east façade will have a 4-storey mural that continues down onto the soffit of the restaurant space.

If interested, more info will be available through emails from www.cliffsidecondos.ca

Cliffside-RestaurantCorner-Final - Reduced size.jpg

Last edited:
A new rendering with a bit of a story. When working through the SPA process with the City, they were looking to have a mid-block connection between Kingston Road and Sandown lane on the east side of our property. Initially we showed a 3m walkway with a cantilevered bump-out overhanging the space. The city wasn't a fan of this approach and wanted a full 4.5m setback across the whole east elevation - drastically reducing the GFA. As a solution, we proposed an 8m wide, 7m tall cavern space adjacent a double height restaurant patio, and kept a 0 lot line condition on the east façade from levels 3-7. The east façade will have a 4-storey mural that continues down onto the soffit of the restaurant space.

View attachment 501668

I want to take a moment here to thank @RyanD for his great transparency here, and his engagement w/the forum and all of us.

It's really great to be able to enjoy a higher level of insight, in closer to real-time as a proposal evolves. The effort is indeed appreciated.

I think this one has continuously evolved for the better.

I don't know if Ryan is able to comment on @DavidCapizzano 's suggestion vis a vis brick above, but I would certainly be interested to hear the current thinking on the cladding.

Always happy to engage and de-mystify the development process and I appreciate the compliments (and criticisims) on any LCH project. I am certainly taking the feedback on UT into account as best as possible, but I can't really speak to much more about the cladding until all details are finalized.

Other than Pell St and Delano the area is amazing. I grew up here for 24 years and wish I could’ve stayed but homes were to expensive to buy at the time (7 years ago…..they’ve almost doubled again since then). I still visit the area and it’s nice to see Kingston Rd finally changing

Back