I don’t think paint is a viable solution. Paint requires a lot of maintenance. My quick samples don’t address the elevator shafts which could be accented with color to enhance the vertical thrust of the tower.

A few more screenshots from the great video posted by @Obsidian... starring the CN Tower.

With 160 Front West on the right.
CN+160Front.jpg

Between 160 Front West on the left and CIBC Square on the right.

CN+160+CIBC.jpg

Bonus beauty shot closer on the CN Tower.

CN-starring.jpg

Well, I guess that's it for the former Outdoor Observation deck.

Wondering how the renovations were going, I wrote them a letter. I got this reply:

cn.jpg

So, the former Outdoor deck has been fully glassed in, I guess...with some kind of display inside called the 'Artmosphere'. I guess if you want to go outside at that height, you have to do the Edgewalk now. Pity.
I loved the old outdoor deck. I first discovered my fear of heights on it, when my parents took me there when I was ten years old. (1977). There was no netting or mesh - only the floor to ceiling bars. The wind used to whip through there at a pretty fierce pace. It was a great shift in sensation from the placidity of the indoor observation level.
When the tower still had a bit of a pop sensibility to it (like the early Eaton Centre), all four elevators were brightly coloured, and the ceiling of the outdoor deck was painted orange, which was a nice visual touch from the ground.

I hope glassing it in is worth it.

In the future there will be some serious renos needed for the tower.

Was amused that the first shot of an obliterated planet Earth (Tom Cruise in the 2013 flick "Oblivion" on Netflix)... was not the usual American icons, but our tall lady built in 1976 and subsequently destroyed by aliens.

cn-oblivion.jpg

Netflix

From earlier this week (Tuesday, February 6), something obviously going on at the CN Tower, appears to be a renovation of some sort, but not able to find out anything from searching the internet.

View attachment 539537

I believe you're looking for this:

There's also this:

1707521675683.png

...wants to see the caution signs posted there saying, "Watch your step, the last one is a doozy!" 🙀

Back