it's going to be something interesting, you'll hear more about it mid summer. Cannot divulge anything else.

You have inside information? Is it some sort of ride? I'm assuming there will be carts attached to this rail, allowing people to sit and take in the skyline, ala the 360 restaurant idea, but outdoors and minus the vittles? Can you please just share with us what it's going to be or send me a private message? It's not like anyone will know you disclosed information. I can't figure out why it has to be a secret either? People are going to know sooner or later what it is, so why can't they be given a heads up? You'd think they'd want to let the general public know what it's going to be in advance. Inside information wouldn't spread beyond this forum. Only nerds like us would know. Since you seem to be affiliated with the folks at the CN Tower, it would be cool if you could suggest to them adding LED lighting above the restaurant, illuminating that slanted metal roof and also illuminating that red ring that wraps around the top.

Last edited:
You have inside information? Is it some sort of ride? I'm assuming there will be carts attached to this rail, allowing people to sit and take in the skyline, ala the 360 restaurant idea, but outdoors and minus the vittles? Can you please just share with us what it's going to be or send me a private message? It's not like anyone will know you disclosed information. I can't figure out why it has to be a secret either? People are going to know sooner or later what it is, so why can't they be given a heads up? You'd think they'd want to let the general public know what it's going to be in advance. Inside information wouldn't spread beyond this forum. Only nerds like us would know. Since you seem to be affiliated with the folks at the CN Tower, it would be cool if you could suggest to them adding LED lighting above the restaurant, illuminating that slanted metal roof and also illuminating that red ring that wraps around the top.

Basically, One of the suggestions made on the first page is correct. It will be something for public guest paid entry.

So it's either an outdoor walking area of a bungee jumping platform? Just spill the beans man. We won't tell. I can't figure out why they won't put LED lighting up there? They told me that lights in that area would be too difficult to maintain, which is obviously rubbish considering what's going on up there now.

Expect an announcement on May 18. Although I don't know what it is for sure, I'm thinking it is along the lines of the Skywalk in Auckland.

Last edited:
I guessed the Bungee Jumping but not seriously. It's way to high to make it financially viable. The number of users per hour would be so low it would surely lose money. It would be cool though.

It's gotta be the skywalk. I haven't been up the tower in a decade. This would bring me back for a visit.

I guessed the Bungee Jumping but not seriously. It's way to high to make it financially viable. The number of users per hour would be so low it would surely lose money. It would be cool though.

It's gotta be the skywalk. I haven't been up the tower in a decade. This would bring me back for a visit.

It could turn out to be the alternative Bloor Viaduct suicide jump.

It was just announced on ctv news at noon this is going to be a new attraction called an edge walk. sounds pretty cool.

thanks. found some additional info in the globe

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...side-1168-feet-above-the-city/article2015275/

and check out the illustration they used. lol.
newimage1273531gmt.jpg

oh and they plan on charging $175 a ticket. yikes

That is both awesome and insane! I love it. Should make for some interesting entertainment looking at it from the ground.

Pic from today:

5704323712_a834d80ac5_b.jpg

I recall reading that when the CN Tower was being planned, the engineers involved calculated the "fall" radius should the tower collapse, be blown up, or have an airliner crash into it (it was designed to withstand a direct hit from a Boeing 707). With this development, I'm wondering if the puke "blast radius" has been taken into account...

Back