Who's crazy idea was that?
I wonder how long it will be before the first tragedy?
No doubt, there will be plenty of risk-takers!

I agree. It really is a cool idea and is sure to be a big hit, but the paranoia in me makes me think something horrible is bound to happen.

They're playing catchup!

At the Auckland Sky Tower, you've been able to do this for years!
And better yet, they have another attraction that lets you jump off.

There's way too much whining going on about this. I'm sure they realize there are tons of wusses out there who think they are gonna die on it... but there are plenty of people with guts who would be happy to give this a shot. I'm sure there will be lineups for this all summer. And there certainly aren't going to be any tragedies...

They're playing catchup!

At the Auckland Sky Tower, you've been able to do this for years!
And better yet, they have another attraction that lets you jump off.

The one at the Auckland sky tower is from half the height of this one. Jumping off would be cool though...

Looks fun but $175? ! It's insanely windy up there. I have enough trouble walking down Bay st on a windy day.

Imagine the photographs we could get by walking around this area without any glass or wire mesh in the way? Not me though!
It's good to see the CN tower continuing to add new attractions to enhance the visit in the past few years.

The attraction is a bit gimmicky, but that's not so bad as the structural add-ons.

Though the attraction looks like a blast to participate in, I don't like the look of the project because of the way it will further mess with the tower's profile. Although the look of the tower has been cluttered with heaps of extra communications hardware for years now, I don't like seeing it tampered with this blatantly - or permanently.
I would have rather seen them put high glass wall around the parapet and created a new open-roofed observation deck. Anything with less visual intrusion, then messing with this landmark.

Last edited:
The attraction is a bit gimmicky, but that's not so bad as the structural add-ons.

Though the attraction looks like a blast to participate in, I don't like the look of the project because of the way it will further mess with the tower's profile. Although the look of the tower has been cluttered with heaps of extra communications hardware for years now, I don't like seeing it tampered with this blatantly - or permanently.
I would have rather seen them put high glass wall around the parapet and created a new open-roofed observation deck. Anything with less visual intrusion, then messing with this landmark.

Once again, I couldn't agree more with you. It's been about three weeks now since the structural bars have become visible from my POV, I really noticed it from the Spadina & College area last week with the way that the sun was hitting it at the time of day I was there. Anyway, what's done is done. Next up: the bottom half of the structure needs a facelift. All the patching that has been done over the years is really looking bad.

Imagine the photographs we could get by walking around this area without any glass or wire mesh in the way? Not me though!
It's good to see the CN tower continuing to add new attractions to enhance the visit in the past few years.

Somehow I doubt they'd let people carry anything that could accidentally fall such as a camera.

"the look of the tower has been cluttered with heaps of extra communications hardware for years now,"
You do know that the CN tower was built as a communications transmission tower first and foremost and the observation deck, etc were the extra 'add-ons', right?

Some screen grabs. You can see how wide the walkway will be and I think those protruding bars over the edge are temporary.

capture20110510125653.jpg

capture20110510125743.jpg

It's very "Toronto" of us to ruin the outside of our most recognizable landmark so that we can indulge in some cheap thrill...except that $175 isn't exactly cheap.

Back