What's with all the twin tower projects.
70 storeys seems so weak on a site that coud easily reach the sky.

Reality check if you find 70 storeys anywhere doesn't reach for the sky. I understand the desire to see Toronto's first supertall be realized but, at the same time, let's not lose focus on the incredible heights being achieved across the city at this moment. On top of that, these proposed towers would be 40% taller than anything else in Cityplace. Why the need for taller particularly so close to the CN Tower and the project being primarily residential condominium. (i.e. shoe string budget)

do they still look like the preliminary render?

Nothing at all. I think that was just a proposal and was never meant to be leaked.

Picture something like this, but much smaller floor plate, and the parts that stick out from the centre of the building wont stick out as much as this. There will be windows along each face, with balconies running down the middle of the faces, but only one window along the inner corners. The inner corners are where the artwork will be along the entire height of the tower, so they will essentially be blank walls.

image003.jpg

Attachments

• image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 2,393
Last edited:
Reality check if you find 70 storeys anywhere doesn't reach for the sky. I understand the desire to see Toronto's first supertall be realized but, at the same time, let's not lose focus on the incredible heights being achieved across the city at this moment. On top of that, these proposed towers would be 40% taller than anything else in Cityplace. Why the need for taller particularly so close to the CN Tower and the project being primarily residential condominium. (i.e. shoe string budget)

I agree, the heights are appropriate to the existing cluster. They will stand out, especially on the crest of that little hill.

I really do hope they create something with a "cross-shaped" design and not just another set of twins. We already have so many twinned buildings; Ice, Maple Leaf Square, College Park, etc. with more on the way: Harbour Plaza, Yorkville, (Oxford), etc.
I know it's all about maximizing views (and sales revenues) but please, let's mix it up a little.

I agree, the heights are appropriate to the existing cluster. They will stand out, especially on the crest of that little hill.

I really do hope they create something with a "cross-shaped" design and not just another set of twins. We already have so many twinned buildings; Ice, Maple Leaf Square, College Park, etc. with more on the way: Harbour Plaza, Yorkville, (Oxford), etc.
I know it's all about maximizing views (and sales revenues) but please, let's mix it up a little.

I think you will be a bit disappointed.

Hi Tuscani1,

If it's not too much trouble, doing a freehand sketch of it and uploading a photo of the sketch would be much appreciated by all of us I'm sure :D

Picture something like this, but much smaller floor plate, and the parts that stick out from the centre of the building wont stick out as much as this. There will be windows along each face, with balconies running down the middle of the faces, but only one window along the inner corners. The inner corners are where the artwork will be along the entire height of the tower, so they will essentially be blank walls.

View attachment 16384

Sounds like Palace Pier/Palace Place might be a more apt comparison since the floor plates are much smaller than Place Ville Marie.

IMG_3710.jpg

Just with balconies on each 'face' and a blank wall on the inner corners and with blue/green glass instead of beige/brown.

Attachments

• IMG_3710.jpg
    IMG_3710.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,949
Sounds like Palace Pier/Palace Place might be a more apt comparison since the floor plates are much smaller than Place Ville Marie.

Just with balconies on each 'face' and a blank wall on the inner corners and with blue/green glass instead of beige/brown.

Much better example indeed.

The artwork will be similar to what is going up at Tango in North York, but on a much larger scale:

1003384_505331906226716_1349189126_n.jpg

(That is an actual picture of the artwork as its being installed on Tango from Concord Artspace's facebook page)

Last edited:
Is that artwork just close-up photos of various flowers? That's horrible... it looks like a mid-90s Harveys restaurant meets a seniors' home.

Isn't signature tower cancelled?

Nope. Still going ahead as a twin tower proposal

Signature Tower(s) are not cancelled. The plan is to do two towers, likely being launched in about 2 years. Concord has a couple towers they are tidying up and one more to launch before they are ready for the Signature towers. From what we've heard in the last year, the towers are expected to be around 60-65 stories each (both over 200m) and will boast some art feature.

Yes, if you go back to the Signature thread, there was some talk of an external mural.

AoD

Not cancelled, no, obviously. But Peter is out. Forsey and Harland have instead taken 'his' place.

Not surprising really - Concord like using them - god knows why

Back