Aarhus
Oct 31, 2021

03DBF437-737C-46C4-ABE6-7537723349F2.jpeg

D5B981A3-B569-46AE-884F-D2FBFF9B2820.jpeg

376F529E-1EFB-453A-9D37-9B6FC23FF062_1_201_a.jpeg

C-mac

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm a longtime lurker of UT but usually on the Transportation and Infrastructure subforums. However seeing that there is not a lot of top down shots of this project posted. I decided to contribute when possible.

View attachment 366951

This picture right here really illustrates how bad Toronto architecture is. Just a sea of green cheap crappy condos.

This is the exact reason I like Time and Space Condo's and 357 King.

isaidso

Member Bio
Reaction score
This picture right here really illustrates how bad Toronto architecture is. Just a sea of green cheap crappy condos.
I avoid that part of town entirely. From most vantage points there's not a single nice building visible in any direction. To make matters worse, the public realm is a disaster. The streetcar stops are a slab of concrete with a cheap metal guard rail, the sidewalks are concrete slabs, & the width of Spadina means it's asphalt for miles. It's an extremely depressing place to be.

The southern end of Spadina feels the same as standing in a strip mall parking lot in the suburbs. The public realm is fixable but the rest is less likely to happen. It would entail a complete re-do of building facades and how they meet the street.

Last edited:

C-mac

Member Bio
Reaction score
I avoid that part of town entirely. From most vantage points there's not a single nice building visible in any direction. To make matters worse, the public realm is a disaster. The streetcar stops are a slab of concrete with a cheap metal guard rail, the sidewalks are concrete slabs, & the width of Spadina means it's asphalt for miles. It's an extremely depressing place to be.

The southern end of Spadina feels the same as standing in a strip mall parking lot in the suburbs. The public realm is fixable but the rest is less likely to happen. It would entail a complete re-do of building facades and how they meet the street.

I would say the one exception to this is The Well which is slightly out of view, but yeah it's hideous looking.