Great shots. They show the magnitude of this bland project, and how it fits in with the rest of the shmutz in the immediate area.

I'm trying to reserve judgment until I see the cladding. I know it's Concord Adex so there's lots of reason to be doubtful, but I have to hang on to hope otherwise I'll just get depressed...lol.

Last edited:
This picture right here really illustrates how bad Toronto architecture is. Just a sea of green cheap crappy condos.

This is the exact reason I like Time and Space Condo's and 357 King.
This may be controversial but in my eyes the seafoam green isnt as bad as the ubiquitous mismatched cold grey/blue [or glossy black window-wall with waist-high indented spandrel ] window-wall, wraparound glass balconies, and exposed concrete that defined most of the 2010s

At least the seafoam spandrel of the early oughts matched the tint of the windows, in addition to mullions that actually matched the mullion caps.

Last edited:
I'm trying to reserve judgment until I see the cladding. I know it's Concord Adex so there's lots of reason to be doubtful, but I have to hang on to hope otherwise I'll just get depressed...lol.
Yeah...so don't hold your breath! >.<

4373F300-60DF-4E09-9DE6-C0F63630E08F.jpeg

A few that show the massing impact on the skyline (Concord Canada House = BLUE / under construction & proposed = red / existing = beige):

Skyline from the south:
CanadaHouse_1 (Waterfront).png

Looking northwest from Harbour:
CanadaHouse_2 (Harbour).png

Looking east from CityPlace (Canoe Landing Park):
CanadaHouse_3 (CitiPlace).png

Looking south down Spadina at King/Spadina:
CanadaHouse_4 (Spadina:King).png

Skyline from the north:
CanadaHouse_6 (South Skyline).png

Do I assume that the forms that now protrude from the ninth-floor slab edge near the northwest corner be for the cantilevered swimming pool edge?

Back