Now that I'm allowed back on, I'd like to apologize for calling ProjectEnd a moderator. That certainly isn't fair to the actual moderators of this forum who do quite a good job and are often dispassionate and fair.

Secondly, as sharp an outbreak as it was, I hope other forumers here might understand why I lost my temper this once. I think it's really important to keep civil and intelligent on public forums, and I think UT does a pretty great job.

At any rate, I wish the best to all of you, and hope all you UofT'ers are have a great summer. Cheers!

Last edited:
All this talk about Signature, wouldn't the skyline tapering policy prevent this from being so high?

Sorry to bring this back with no real news

....but has this project been cancelled? Especially with the market cooling down at such a rapid rate and the introduction of 2 mega projects that include condos.

It wouldn't be such a loss for Concord because Cityplace is pretty much filled but it is disappointing considering you would think the Signature Tower would have been the better of the rest in Cityplace.

Do you have a source you can quote? Have you seen the winning design?
Sorry just really curious

I can confirm that there is an aA design for Signature Tower (to an extent, I don't have a quote to support), but in fact there is a two tower proposal for Block 22 - Signature Tower.
The façade of the towers resembles two other projects of theirs, 383 Sorauren Avenue and the Brant Park.
There is an idea of having two bridges criss-crossing each other from the towers.
It's a box but not a typical glass box from the renders I've seen.
But I don't have any numbers about the height.

I was doing a co-op program at aA during the summer and I came across this project.

Last edited:
Interesting what see what happens to this project - whether it will survive the condo downturn, but also interesting to see if City Place go for a height increase because whilst this building once seemed a stand-out in terms of height, a "signature" for the west downtown if you will, now with other super-tall proposals on the table it no longer seems like a "signature" tower. Height here should be increased to 90 storeys. ( I do understand this might be a contradiction in a weaker market however)

"might" be a contradiction in a weaker market?

I think the UT skyscraper fan boys have been spoiled in the run over the last 24 months and going back to a normal market is going to be a bit of a shock - "small is beautiful" is the phrase I'm hearing from a lot of the big players over the last couple of months (that's not to say this site won't be the tallest in cityplace, but we have a lot of inventory the run through and the market really has changed substantially since July 1)

they should get competition entries for this building, like the one mississauga had for absolute towers by MAD architects. stunning towers, and it would be great to see something another unique in toronto. if concord really picked aA to do the signature tower, then really they are fools, it is going to be one of boxy rectangular bland building... these always has been a move by aA. speaking of market demand on condos, i believe, the higher floors they build on condo, the less price will be per square footage to lure more buyers into buying one - this way, it will sell out units quickly but of course that depends on developer on how much they want profits in their pockets.

they should get competition entries for this building, like the one mississauga had for absolute towers by MAD architects. stunning towers, and it would be great to see something another unique in toronto. if concord really picked aA to do the signature tower, then really they are fools, it is going to be one of boxy rectangular bland building... these always has been a move by aA. speaking of market demand on condos, i believe, the higher floors they build on condo, the less price will be per square footage to lure more buyers into buying one - this way, it will sell out units quickly but of course that depends on developer on how much they want profits in their pockets.

There was a design competition....aA won. If you go back several pages you will find other entries.

I believe Concord Adex suspended sales of Lumen, the third building sharing the same block as Quartz and Spectra.
I don't know how sales are doing for Quartz and Spectra, but those buildings have been selling for more than a year now.

I believe Concord Adex suspended sales of Lumen, the third building sharing the same block as Quartz and Spectra.
I don't know how sales are doing for Quartz and Spectra, but those buildings have been selling for more than a year now.

do you have source to believe that Concord suspended sales of Lumen? I checked website and they are still selling it... your right, those buildings (Quartz/Spectra) have been selling over a year now - probably it is not over 70-80% sold. their prices are ridiculously high.

sorry i missed some pages... aA won, based on what? have they released renderings for these signature towers?

Based on the fact that they are the single best firm working in the city at this point (and that they submitted a superior competition entry).

Back