From what I can tell, it hasn't been posted on this thread, and I can't find it on the UT Database...

Based on the fact that they are the single best firm working in the city at this point (and that they submitted a superior competition entry).

single best firm with residential projects (by seeing the successful spire tower?)...? really, spire, is so 2000s... can we some 2015s, or even 2020s?? i am wondering what is they submitted a "superior competition entry" by expressing arguments or design parti ideas? come on, have we seen enough aA in toronto and that they all ended up as boxy long rectangular designs? it would have been nice another architect stepped in, like Zaha Hadid...? we all know Toronto badly needs one unique residential project the world ever seen one; unless Mirvish+Gehry can take that title over from Concord.

A Cropped Render of the Mid-section
Preliminary Render from months back:
preliminary.jpg

other renders I saw involved:
Tower A: Black
Tower B: White

Or
Tower A Top Section: White
Tower A Bottom Section: Black
Tower B Top: Black
Tower B Bottom: White

Or

Both towers: black

Attachments

• preliminary.jpg
    preliminary.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 903
Last edited:
Based on the fact that they are the single best firm working in the city at this point...

I love aA's work but this is your own value judgment, which is a very different thing than a fact.

A Cropped Render of the Mid-section
View attachment 9646

other renders I saw involved:
Tower A: Black
Tower B: White

Or
Tower A Top Section: White
Tower A Bottom Section: Black
Tower B Top: Black
Tower B Bottom: White

Or

Both towers: black

No disrespect (Project End as well), but I went to Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" a few months back with outlandish expectations... Nothing but the director's bio and a slick trailer to go on... The movie was god awful... I like aA, and am hoping for something inspiring, but I need to see more before I decide...

Quite interesting, thanks for sharing Zach. I guess they're just for accessing the amenities in each tower and the walkways wouldn't contain anything themselves. Also think those trees are a little pie-in-sky, likely wouldn't see them in the finished project.

I'm not sure this would really stick out on the skyline however.

do you have source to believe that Concord suspended sales of Lumen? I checked website and they are still selling it... your right, those buildings (Quartz/Spectra) have been selling over a year now - probably it is not over 70-80% sold. their prices are ridiculously high.
Yes the

It was from a Prompton agent and it was last spring before the market slowed down. The Lumen page has always been up.
Yes, the prices for Quartz & Spectra was high for Cityplace, but the features and finishes are the nicest Concord has ever offered and comparible to other higher end condos. I would never buy there due to the inventory and it hasn't been appreciating as well as other developments, though I much prefer it over Liberty Village.

No a lot to go on here at this point. I'm sure this will come to market once sales pick up. Concord has no interest in staying down here for ever. The main office will move to North York at some point.

Yeah, Quartz and Spectra are well under way in construction and over 80% sold....so that leaves one more project at Block 37 to market, which shouldnt be too difficult considering the location and the few amount of units (3bdgs.-total 581 units),
Soon enough we will hear all about their final phase at the Signature Tower site...id say by next summer.

I love aA's work but this is your own value judgment, which is a very different thing than a fact.

care to elaborate what is unique about aA's work? have u seen them following closely to other designs of other firms? and where is the uniqueness in that?

Back