IMG_20211104_153313.jpg

I'm a longtime lurker of UT but usually on the Transportation and Infrastructure subforums. However seeing that there is not a lot of top down shots of this project posted. I decided to contribute when possible.

View attachment 366951

This picture right here really illustrates how bad Toronto architecture is. Just a sea of green cheap crappy condos.

This is the exact reason I like Time and Space Condo's and 357 King.

This picture right here really illustrates how bad Toronto architecture is. Just a sea of green cheap crappy condos.
I avoid that part of town entirely. From most vantage points there's not a single nice building visible in any direction. To make matters worse, the public realm is a disaster. The streetcar stops are a slab of concrete with a cheap metal guard rail, the sidewalks are concrete slabs, & the width of Spadina means it's asphalt for miles. It's an extremely depressing place to be.

The southern end of Spadina feels the same as standing in a strip mall parking lot in the suburbs. The public realm is fixable but the rest is less likely to happen. It would entail a complete re-do of building facades and how they meet the street.

Last edited:
I avoid that part of town entirely. From most vantage points there's not a single nice building visible in any direction. To make matters worse, the public realm is a disaster. The streetcar stops are a slab of concrete with a cheap metal guard rail, the sidewalks are concrete slabs, & the width of Spadina means it's asphalt for miles. It's an extremely depressing place to be.

The southern end of Spadina feels the same as standing in a strip mall parking lot in the suburbs. The public realm is fixable but the rest is less likely to happen. It would entail a complete re-do of building facades and how they meet the street.

I would say the one exception to this is The Well which is slightly out of view, but yeah it's hideous looking.

Back