Predictably disappointing. If the preliminary renders (which usually shoot for the stars) are that hum-drum, I truly fear what may actually be constructed here...

lol - man, these have got to be the worst looking of the bunch. I truly hope they didn't spend too much on these designs.

CityPlace - its like cancer ... for your eyes.

Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 11.32.52 AM.png

I can't be the only one to think this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 11.32.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 11.32.52 AM.png
    424.9 KB · Views: 1,017
I'm going to miss that sales office. Maybe the city could declare it a heritage building just to stall this POS for a bit longer.

Don't say you weren't warned! haha.

Even the artwork along the sides of the renderings looks terrible. The original conceptual renderings of the artwork looked way better. Hopefully this is still conceptual.

Yeah these towers aren't anything special and at this height they shouldn't be two pieces of crap. Hopefully they majorly refine or totally re design.

Yeah these towers aren't anything special and at this height they shouldn't be two pieces of crap. Hopefully they majorly refine or totally re design.

After all the a) dreck that Concord has inflicted on this city and b) profit they've made from building those soulless, cheaply-built, badly-planned blocks we call City Place, I certainly hope that the city gives this proposal a rough review - forcing complete redesign. With the sheer amount of development going on in Toronto, we should expect way more of of a positive contribution to the city skyline from deep-pocketed developers (who have up until now profited handsomely from the ugly and banal high rises they've slapped up). Furthermore, Page & Steele (POS), Kirkor, Graziani & Corazza et al., you the bottom-of-the-barrel hacks of the architectural profession in this city and should, yet again, be ashamed of yourselves.

After seeing the new renderings I just feel mad right now. I'm mad at the developers of cityplace for having so little respect for this city but I'm madder at Toronto, for allowing them to degrade our city with this terrible shit. I'm just feeling mad and so very disappointed! I didn't expect anything this bad. Worst of all, it's such a prominent location and it will have a huge effect on our skyline. Concord Adex has made so much money from this city, yet they refuse to give back anything at all. It's just completely selfish and one sided.

Last edited:
Hmm, this one will have to go through the new Ward 20 councillor and the reconstituted TEYCC - perhaps it should be a questioned asked of the candidates.

AoD

After seeing the great work Page & Steele did with the new Delta Southcore, I was hoping they'd turned a page (no pun intended). Sadly they seem to have taken a giant step backwards with this one. I'm sure constraints placed on them by Concord didn't help though.

Last edited:
73% of the buildings will be 1-bedroom units?... What's the point of building two schools in an area that is clearly meant to be a destination for people who don't have children?...

"138 two-bedroom units and 159 three-bedroom units" = 456 potential children's bedrooms. And that's if none share.

Back