I recently moved to Kelowna and discarted a lot of boxes i would have simply painted the boxes with those art stripes and send it to Concord so they could have put those on the land instead of these boxes. They are going to waste a lot of money on these proposed boxes i would have given them those boxes for free. :(

wow, this is the result of a design competition???

This is worse than 501 Yonge when it was first proposed.

I hope the city has some tools to stop it - they seemed to have lots of ideas to stop or curtail Mirvish.

632E701F-8F03-4A2E-ABC7-E1577E8D80F4.png

Attachments

• 632E701F-8F03-4A2E-ABC7-E1577E8D80F4.png
    632E701F-8F03-4A2E-ABC7-E1577E8D80F4.png
    365.5 KB · Views: 967
I am interested to know how "architects" like this actually get into the industry? Must have friends at firms or something.

Witty - and original!! I like it

It's got to be some sort of ruse or something. I refuse to believe that this is what they expect the final product to be.

Why even hold a design competition, if this is the garbage they are going to foist upon this city? Too bad tar and feathering has gone out of fashion.

Last edited:
No its not. aA won the design competition.

Concord like using P+S.

Why does Concord insist on using these philistines?

If there’s one thing CityPlace needs less of, it’s glass boxes. I dearly hope that the City can stipulate some real architecture (i.e. something that involves more than glass and won’t disappear into the sea of identical boxes sprouting up lately)

"138 two-bedroom units and 159 three-bedroom units" = 456 potential children's bedrooms. And that's if none share.

Is that sufficient though? I'm no expert in urban design - but with two schools coming into the area, I'd just assume that a part of the vision for the Cityplace plan would be to create a destination where people could also raise their families.

The abundance of 1-bedrooms just screams "investors" and high turnover...

Maybe I'm wrong - but I'm happy to be educated on if this makes sense.

Back