Aug 5th

IMG_8623.JPG

I believe at the same time Deadpool X . Those two towers are on a huge podium. And like any two towers that got built on a huge podium in this city. They usually got development together to finish the section off .

These buildings are so close to CN Tower, I do hope they turn out at least 80% true to the latest renders. I know they won't but this is probably their most prominent site in Toronto.

These buildings are so close to CN Tower, I do hope they turn out at least 80% true to the latest renders. I know they won't but this is probably their most prominent site in Toronto.
Unfortunately, Concord couldnt care less. Even if it was 20 metres across from the CN Tower, they'd still use the cheapest materials possible with their typical shoddy quality.

Unfortunately, Concord couldnt care less. Even if it was 20 metres across from the CN Tower, they'd still use the cheapest materials possible with their typical shoddy quality.

They should be penalized for creating such shotty looking skyscrapers on prime land degrading the downtown area in my opinion! I loved the very first rendering created years ago before this company took it over.

They should be penalized for creating such shotty looking skyscrapers on prime land degrading the downtown area in my opinion! I loved the very first rendering created years ago before this company took it over.
Our city's planning division has no vision, no plan and no interest in public benefits for example to build a skyline that generations would be proud of.
Forget the iconic skyline by the CN Tower, this is an example that the City doesn't care, as long as they check the boxes and get their property taxes
Shameful & dissapointing

Some of the older CityPlace towers are closer to the CN Tower than this site is. But of course they're not as tall and prominent as these towers.

Part of the problem, as far as I can tell, is that the City of Toronto has no legal authority to mandate such things. As long as municipalities are creations of (and subservient to) the Province, nothing will change.

Now that it's been made clear to you again that the City of Toronto has no legal authority to mandate the look of buildings, next time that you post that the problem with a development is the planning department's fault, it will be considered trolling.
Part of the problem, as far as I can tell, is that the City of Toronto has no legal authority to mandate such things. As long as municipalities are creations of (and subservient to) the Province, nothing will change.
It's a systemic issue for sure. San Francisco, New York City, Miami, London, Rome, Paris are examples of amazing architecture, design and urban planning and policies and why billions of tourist dollars continue to pour in yearly and non-monetary, they're culturally influential cities

Toronto/Ontario has no vision, plan as such and so it's a hit and miss. Some notable buildings like the new CIBC building dwarfed by 10 times of boring, bland, generic, uncoordinated, unplanned architecture close to the core/centre/CN Tower

Shameful & disappointing

Some of the older CityPlace towers are closer to the CN Tower than this site is. But of course they're not as tall and prominent as these towers.
Yes, those buildings are barely noticeable from distance but these ones will be almost half as tall as CN Tower and it won't be easy to not look at them white looking at CN Tower.

Back