Did the commercial component at grade change significantly? This has a pretty significant retail mix proposed now. P1 Food Hall, multiple at-grade retail spaces, L2 retail, and even L3 retail with a large patio space as well as a day care and community room on L3.

I also note that this continues to have a full curtainwall system for the entire height of the building. The portions of the building with balconies are proposed to be window wall, but it looks like single-frame windows which are very clean.

From the Cover Letter:

1711561575441.png

1711561522073.png

The renders posted by @ushahid above, enlarged:

1711561807791.png

1711561852557.png

They are going back to Cresford design?

These March 2024 architectural docs in the AIC link are virtually the same as I posted here a year ago... one side of the tower is all unitized curtainwall above the podium/heritage right to the top, and the other side has unitized curtainwall except for the balconies (+window-wall).

Which is to say the docs look a lot like the last KPF version (see NL post above).... and almost nothing like the revised rendering/design that is in the UT database.

Colour me still confused as to what will be built. I may have said this a year ago. 🤔

Database

It maybe that the KPF version would be simpler and less expensive to build. So perhaps we’re ending with the better design via VE attrition, lol…

Back