I'm still genuinely confused by everyone's hate for this one. As far as I can tell it remains substantially unaltered from Cresford's rendition..
The difference is we know that Cresford most likely would've used quality materials for the most part, Concord on the other hand will go to the local developer flea market to source everything and this will likely be bland* as a result.

*i'm putting it very kindly right now.

It will likely be atrocious

I'm still genuinely confused by everyone's hate for this one. As far as I can tell it remains substantially unaltered from Cresford's rendition..
You are right, nothing has changed from Cresford rendition except few changes at lower and main level inside podium and Chinese voodoo floors number changes for tallest residential building marketing purposes Plus material changes.It will be out before Christmas according to insider.

Last edited:
You are right, nothing has changed from Cresford rendition except few changes at lower and main level inside podium and Chinese voodoo floors number changes for tallest residential building marketing purposes Plus material changes.It will be out before Christmas according to insider.
And a Lada isn't much different from a Mercedes. lol

Sigh...

Aerial View-cropped-ls.jpg

And a Lada isn't much different from a Mercedes. lol
Lada are currently producing good quality cars, and even Mercedes has produced absolute garbage (2000s A class comes to mind).

Lada are currently producing good quality cars, and even Mercedes has produced absolute garbage (2000s A class comes to mind).

It was an analogy. Not a scientific comparison. Whatever Zang. The point was that these "minor" changes that Concord have made have really cheapened the overall effect of the building. That's all.

The difference is we know that Cresford most likely would've used quality materials for the most part, Concord on the other hand will go to the local developer flea market to source everything and this will likely be bland* as a result.

*i'm putting it very kindly right now.

It will likely be atrocious

But we don't know that. aA is still involved and when have they ever delivered a poorly detailed project? We haven't even seen detailed elevation showing changes to material selections, if there even are any.

Everyone is losing their minds over a terrible, blurry rendering without even seeing what the actual changes are. We haven't seen revised elevations.

The opposite is happening here from Peter & Adelaide. People are assuming the worst from the renderings instead of assuming the best.

I'm not saying that this may or may not be terrible, just that we haven't seen anything to show that yet. And in fact, everything we have seen is Concord substantially sticking with the existing design.

But we don't know that. aA is still involved and when have they ever delivered a poorly detailed project? We haven't even seen detailed elevation showing changes to material selections, if there even are any.

Everyone is losing their minds over a terrible, blurry rendering without even seeing what the actual changes are. We haven't seen revised elevations.

The opposite is happening here from Peter & Adelaide. People are assuming the worst from the renderings instead of assuming the best.

I'm not saying that this may or may not be terrible, just that we haven't seen anything to show that yet. And in fact, everything we have seen is Concord substantially sticking with the existing design.
*sigh* Some people here complain a building is worthless based on the colour of the spandrel or mullions, so…

View attachment 368067
Model from concord office.

IIRC this model is the same one that Cresford was using in its sales office, so the changes in materials in the Concord design are likely not represented here. I stand corrected! (post #2429 below)
Great look at the overall building profile though. The ultra wide footprint on the East/West axis' will make this hard to miss from many vantage points throughout the city.

Last edited:

My point is that it's Concord that's ultimately in control of the purse strings of this project irrespective of the fact of whether aA is the architect, and we've seen it time and time again in recent history where they use the cheapest materials possible. There are some occasions where a project looks good despite the architect who is involved (ie: Fitzrovia and G+C with The Parker), but this is not the case with Concord.

I dont think they're going to wakeup one day, and say "hey let's use the finest materials possible because this is a special project". We're about to see what they are going to do with their supposed signature project (Canada House), and we've already seen signs they have cheapened it down. We dont need any other further evidence from them.

Back