I believe the GG site is just south of the 385 Yonge site. Maybe it's an office building too? Although I did notice GG recently registered "YYZ Condos" which initially I thought could be near the airport/427 area but it could be right here on Yonge Street.

Oh and re: 385 Yonge Street, a simple google search reveals
Oxford Retail Group

385 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5B 1S1

Last edited:
I used to post a lot of photos at one time on here. I stopped because I realized it didn't do anything for me. By the time I'd post about something new, someone else already did. So there was no satisfaction out of it. That and rarely did anyone say thank you. Especially if you were the second person to post basically the same update.
Anyway, I agree, no matter how important the content you post is, nobody owes you anything on this forum. If you come here posting stuff, expecting people to praise you and look up to you, you're doing it for the wrong reasons. That's what I learned.

And this folks, right here, could become the new dictionary definition for "self-centred".

And this folks, right here, could become the new dictionary definition for "self-centred".

…says a guy who calls himself 'egotrippin'? Come on, we all want to see a 'thank you', 'great photos', or something like that when they get posted. I think that's all he's really saying at the core. We are crave a little approbation from our peers.

I used to post a lot of photos at one time on here. I stopped because I realized it didn't do anything for me...That and rarely did anyone say thank you...no matter how important the content you post is...If you come here posting stuff, expecting people to praise you and look up to you, you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

+1 as they say.

Walking outside in -20 on a cold winter day to take photos to post on a website for other people to enjoy is not self-centred.

No but expecting others to express praise by default is - not to say that wanting to be appreciated (or expressing so to others) is a bad thing (we all do) but if you dissect the motivations a bit, it is ultimately at least partially grounded on the gratification of the individual engaging in the act. We really don't do anything if the audience is truly indifferent.

AoD

I think many us really do appreciate the efforts of those who take the time walk the streets, take photos and upload them. I also believe many choose not to post quick replies showing their gratitude because many others will jump in and request that all of the meaningless posts stop because they are clogging up the threads (which they do). I guess you can't have it both ways.

I will no longer post what I know here. I do know the details of over 50 projects in the pipeline, but hey, not a peep from me here! Your loss.

It's actually your loss to your ego. Baseless, spotty rumours do not interest most of us here.

^ +1 (to your post count)

It isn't anyone's loss. It would be our "loss" to not hear anything about a project from beginning to end. The forum would probably prefer factual information (with a quotable source) instead of your supposed "cold hard facts"

I think it's pretty high time that we either put some cold hard facts into this thread or disengage from it altogether - the sniping has gone on long enough.

MoD

Last edited:
Look, if any of you doubt me you can meet me in real life. The "cold hard facts" would be allowable as evidence in court. I could show Ed the info I have if that would make anyone happier. Alvin, my inbox is full--are you on twitter?

UD:

I am not saying that a) you don't have cold hard facts and/or b) that you need to post them at the risk of leaking info that shouldn't be leaked and/or c) that we need to vet it for accuracy. What I am saying is that "baiting" the thread and playing nudge nudge wink wink on said info on a public forum just isn't a good practice. Reveal what you reasonably can and move on until such time that info can be revealed - it will help to lower the temperature of the forum a bit.

AoD

Last edited:
Yonge & Gerrard. Great Gulf, they own property just south of the corner. While I expect something tall there is Ryerson directly behind their property to deal with, so it could be just an average condo tower.

And it could be years away, given market conditions.

Back