Just for info Concord’s first step cutting down the ceiling height and adding more floors to make more money

Speculation, or knowledge? (not an accusation, a sincere question)

Just for info Concord’s first step cutting down the ceiling height and adding more floors to make more money
I don't mind extra floors to push YSL over 300 m height. But if purchase agreements state 9ft or 10ft ceilings, then Concord has to honor those ceiling heights right?

Eviction time for big Hawk (sitting today last time on top of wood railing) I watched him often at Ysl lot from last year and half. I will miss that.
F76D3F94-E189-40C8-BC70-23CD0F206838.jpeg

I don't mind extra floors to push YSL over 300 m height. But if purchase agreements state 9ft or 10ft ceilings, then Concord has to honor those ceiling heights right?

And regarding ceiling height? A decrease from 9 ft ceilings?
l
Lets just hope they ask the city for a 3-5 floor variance in height and not start chopping and cheapening this thing up:mad:

l
Lets just hope they ask the city for a 3-5 floor variance in height and not start chopping and cheapening this thing up:mad:
I can see Concord adding 5 floors but not changing ceiling heights. Concord has a reputation to keep and 9 ft ceilings is a must for any luxury condo. Not to mention it would be a show of bad faith to substantially change unit features as important as ceiling height.

I can see Concord adding 5 floors but not changing ceiling heights. Concord has a reputation to keep and 9 ft ceilings is a must for any luxury condo. Not to mention it would be a show of bad faith to substantially change unit features as important as ceiling height.
Originally cresford design started with 103 floors but shadow covered almost west side of Alan Garden park then cresford reduced it to 98 floors but shadow still over small part of Alan garden but now with 85 floors shadow over sidewalk of Alan garden at Jarvis north of gerrard. So I don’t see how concord will be able to add more height without solving shadow problem unless they change direction of the tower and redesign the whole project

Last edited:
Originally cresford design started with 103 floors but shadow covered almost west side of Alan Garden park then cresford reduced it to 98 floors but shadow still over small part of Alan garden but now with 85 floors shadow over sidewalk of Alan garden at Jarvis north of gerrard. So I don’t see how concord will be able to add more height without solving shadow problem unless they change direction of the tower and redesign the whole project
Or change the earth's orbit. Some developers have incredible influence.

Would a change in ceiling height be considered a material change that would be a breach of purchase agreement? The way one law firm describes material change would suggest so:

The Condo Act expressly defines “material change” (which can be paraphrased as a change that a reasonable purchaser would have objectively regarded as sufficiently important that they would not have otherwise entered into the agreement of purchase and sale)

source: https://www.millerthomson.com/en/pu...velopments-a-recent-court-of-appeal-decision/

Would a change in ceiling height be considered a material change that would be a breach of purchase agreement? The way one law firm describes material change would suggest so:

The Condo Act expressly defines “material change” (which can be paraphrased as a change that a reasonable purchaser would have objectively regarded as sufficiently important that they would not have otherwise entered into the agreement of purchase and sale)

source: https://www.millerthomson.com/en/pu...velopments-a-recent-court-of-appeal-decision/
Shaving off 6 inches from each high ceiling floor of a 85 floor tower will do the job for Concord but it all depends on already condo purchasers agreeing to it

Shaving off 6 inches from each high ceiling floor of a 85 floor tower will do the job for Concord but it all depends on already condo purchasers agreeing to it
There are over 1000 units, it would be nearly impossible for Concord to convince every condo purchaser to agree to a change in ceiling height.

Back