There is no reason for this to be the case
There's also no reason that the building design/plans should change considerably, especially since Concord cannot make substantial material changes to prior contract agreements

Ysl tower design changes coming soon. Construction start delayed until tower design changes complete. And please don’t ask source.
Wouldn't this require to go through all the approval hurdles with The City before building first?

Plus they still need something to fill that hole + facades left from the previous design.

Last edited:
I'm just going off the fact that Automation Gallery said that most likely, KPF is out and also probably "going back to the two building concept (2x75's)
I took automation gallery's comment as somewhat sarcastic somewhat cynical. I interpreted it as roasting Concord, as opposed to it being fact. If I'm wrong and he has some inside info that has told him they're reverting to the original two tower design, by all means let us know.

However I'd say there's a near zero chance this goes back to a two tower design. As has been mentioned before this is supposed to be concords signature building, no matter their history it shouldnt turn out terrible and I'd imagine it's more likely they'd try to push for more height in a redesign than less. Keep in mind this was at one point proposed to be something in the ballpark of 340+ meters. Of course barring a total 180 on city policy no one will even waste time with a proposal of that size now, but it doesnt mean any revisions are going to.completely.overhaul and shrink this project.

For now it's almost entirely speculation so let's wait and see what happens here before levying even more unfounded criticism.

I took automation gallery's comment as somewhat sarcastic somewhat cynical. I interpreted it as roasting Concord, as opposed to it being fact. If I'm wrong and he has some inside info that has told him they're reverting to the original two tower design, by all means let us know.

However I'd say there's a near zero chance this goes back to a two tower design. As has been mentioned before this is supposed to be concords signature building, no matter their history it shouldnt turn out terrible and I'd imagine it's more likely they'd try to push for more height in a redesign than less. Keep in mind this was at one point proposed to be something in the ballpark of 340+ meters. Of course barring a total 180 on city policy no one will even waste time with a proposal of that size now, but it doesnt mean any revisions are going to.completely.overhaul and shrink this project.

For now it's almost entirely speculation so let's wait and see what happens here before levying even more unfounded criticism.

Well I'd love for you to be right!

i always wait till i see the design/renders but i have very little faith in Concord. even if they decide to spend some extra money on this project, it will only be on the interior, like amenities and interior fittings etc. they will try to save money on the facade. that being said I realllllllly hope/wish that KPF is still on the plate and Concord Loosen their purse strings for this project.

i always wait till i see the design/renders but i have very little faith in Concord. even if they decide to spend some extra money on this project, it will only be on the interior, like amenities and interior fittings etc. they will try to save money on the facade. that being said I realllllllly hope/wish that KPF is still on the plate and Concord Loosen their purse strings for this project.
Let's not forget that only one source on this thread claims that Concord is changing building designs.

Here we go, our worst fears slowly coming true one step at a time. First it was Concord getting their hand on this site, now it's the redesign of the project. Just wait until we all see the renderings.

Concord is going to butcher this, I dont know why anyone would be holding their breath after everything we've seen from them.

Here we go, our worst fears slowly coming true one step at a time. First it was Concord getting their hand on this site, now it's the redesign of the project. Just wait until we all see the renderings.

Concord is going to butcher this, I dont know why anyone would be holding their breath after everything we've seen from them.
It's this or the current hole in the ground. As the previous option went under and is now untenable. And nobody else stepped up to the plate in its wake as far as I am aware.

There is a slim hope that what we maybe getting is better than expected. There's no way of knowing that 'til we get the details and fine print on it. So I am going to hold out to see what we get to pass judgement...

...but like you, I am not going to hold my breath here. >.<

Back