Why did this unique development of 2 thin skyscraper that's let's light in to the west of Yonge. Got traded in to develop this supertall wall in disguise that blocks out the light instead ! Doesn't make sense to me as seen on the previous page .

But we don't know that. aA is still involved and when have they ever delivered a poorly detailed project? We haven't even seen detailed elevation showing changes to material selections, if there even are any.

Even if they are, there is no guarantee - recall Alter on Church. I tend to agree with @Amare - their record of late is unenviable.

AoD

I have some new renders from Instagram. It's worse than I have imagined. This architecture is a pure joke because of the poor quality of materials. It will look very cheap and proves that Concord Adex is the worst developer in Toronto in term of architecture

266441292_494735745173392_7428889315952261109_n.jpg
265909193_426530659116871_7889561879041910609_n.jpg

266712834_246819717522571_1285777004307735821_n.jpg
266672293_589132242173890_4176578985719145143_n.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ Instead of spewing empty hyperbole, how about explaining what you find so egregious?
Not sure he or she is saying anything different than that's already been discussed here. Unless you like what Concord is doing, then in what's floating your boat, ask away...

Not sure he or she is saying anything different than that's already been discussed here. Unless you like what Concord is doing, then in what's floating your boat, ask away...
Regardless of how I feel about this project -- and I haven't given my opinion one way or another, as far as I can remember -- empty hyperbole adds nothing to the discussion. I'd like to hear what enrique8 finds so objectionable. BTW, empty praise does nothing for me either. I prefer posters who are specific in their criticism or praise, who account for their opinions.

Last edited:
^^^ Instead of spewing empty hyperbole, how about explaining what you find so egregious?
Here’s a specific criticism: in the last render we see three different wall ‘treatments’ (sorry - I don’t know the right architectural terminology): fairly standard grey spandrel + balconies, white clad windows, and all capped off by a solid triangular cone - and there’s absolutely no cohesiveness to it all. It looks like three different people designed different parts of the building.

Frankly, it's looking like Aura 2.0 at this point.
It looks even worse than Aura. At least Aura redeems itself on the top 1/3rd portion of the building with the relatively clean window treatment and lack of balconies. This thing is just balcony galore, with clear and evident poor quality spandrel lacing everywhere, with materials which just scream cheap from the renders to which Concord isnt even hiding.

I think it's just time we accept Concord has defecated on this building, and we arent going to be surprised with a good quality build here. We know what this developer is all about at this point, and their MO isnt changing. At no point have they proposed a building (minus 2-3 over at CityPlace), and the quality was sharper compared to what was rendered.

Yikers. It needs to be repeated in every thread. Please stop using marketing renders as any idea of the final material choice. I understand the resentment as Concords reputation as of late, and I don't have much confidence either, but renders tell you nothing about materials.

As a 3D render artist, these renders are unlikely to look anything like the final product, for better or for worse. Cresford's renders of this project were likely thoroughly dishonest in their true to life representation no matter what glass was used. They looked overly pristine. Spandrel should absolutely never be judged based on renders as it's up to how the individual artist feels looks 'representative'. Cresford hid it completely even if it would've been visible on the final product.

City documents will reveal the degree of how bad it really is (window wall, bad spandrel, etc), for now, these pictures are just references.

Last edited:

Back