Crazy. Everything north of Zanzibar basically. Aura wouldn't look so lonely. There is Ryerson park space behind this spot though (which is already pretty shady) I guess if there are 2 towers it would allow light to get to the centre of the park in late afternoon (which is when it would shadow the most)

That stretch is lively but a bit rough around the edges, mostly due to the Evergreen centre, Remmingtons and Zanzibar to the south.

I will miss Big Slice, hopefully it manages to relocate, but the rest of the retail on that stretch can go.

Gotta Keep the facade on the corner though, and preferably that taller buildings further south as well.

WOW! I just walked by here and am currently in the California Sandwhiches up the street. Big Slice will be missed but a great project across from Aura!

Any thoughts on getting the Hue's kitchen facade from The One moved to this site to fill in a bit of the facadism? Just trying to think about a way to make the best of a bad situation with losing some of these old buildings.

Oh no! The Big Slice :(

Nice replacement though. Hopefully they relocate. They've got a loyal customer in me.

The skybridge should look amazing in this location. I like what I see so far, even if it means the continued decimation of Old School Yonge Street.

Does this mean to new PATH connection to Ryerson & Aura? I sure hope so but sad to lose Remingtons. Toronto only has 1 gay strip club and to lose it, would be a shame because another one will not be opened. When my friends come to visit, they always want to go check out the boys at Remingtons. What major gay destination/city, doesn't have at least 1 gay strip club? Montreal has something like 5 or 6 of them.

I know this is early times but I really like this especially the fact that it's white not all glass...would look great here!!

Nice to see the two heritage buildings preserved. I was very wary the second I saw such a massive proposal on the site but that does help.

I'm definitely worried about the Yonge Street Mission though. That'll be an unfortunate loss. I hope something is done to help rectify that. Maybe something similar to the Queen East proposal where the shelter is to be rebuilt with the condo or some money donated for the construction of a new building near the site?

Back