or The Great Pyramid of Giza. A bit on the brutalist side but nevertheless a true classic...
The Ancient Egyptians are known to play switcharoo:

King Tut's famous death mask was originally meant for another pharaoh.

Many of his treasures, including the sarcophagus, were meant for another pharaoh.

Even his tomb was originally meant for a noble (most likely Ay) and the tomb originally meant for King Tut was used for his successor Ay (yes, Ay became a pharaoh) instead.

Yes, King Tut's mummification was a rush job even by ancient Egyptian standards.

I would not be surprised if the plot of land where YSL should be built was meant for a different building.

The Ancient Egyptians are known to play switcharoo:

King Tut's famous death mask was originally meant for another pharaoh.

Many of his treasures, including the sarcophagus, were meant for another pharaoh.

Even his tomb was originally meant for a noble (most likely Ay) and the tomb originally meant for King Tut was used for his successor Ay (yes, Ay became a pharaoh) instead.

Yes, King Tut's mummification was a rush job even by ancient Egyptian standards.

I would not be surprised if the plot of land where YSL should be built was meant for a different building.
Going into ancient Egyptian history, I believe that is because Tut's father (probably), Akhenaten, was discredited after Ay took over, and his successors destroyed his legacy and records. It worked; it's why Tut's tomb was intact, and it's why Akhenaten was forgotten until the discovery of Amarna in the late 1800s/early 1900s.

Back on track, I can't say I'd be shocked either; the massing looks wrong for that location, and it will be Concorded. I'm not too thrilled with the recent turn of events.

Last edited:
5o7xm1.jpg

Not that I disagree at all lol

Going into ancient Egyptian history, I believe that is because Tut's father (probably), Akhenaten, was discredited after Ay took over, and his successors destroyed his legacy and records.

Continuing that analogy - if Cresford were Tut/Akhenaten, and Ay were Concord, I'm looking forward to Horemheb's reign who will then wipe out any traces of Ay in history.

Continuing that analogy - if Cresford were Tut/Akhenaten, and Ay were Concord, I'm looking forward to Horemheb's reign who will then wipe out any traces of Ay in history.
Horemheb would eventually make way for the 19th Dynasty, with Horemheb's successor becoming Ramesses I, whose son is Seti I, whose son is Ramesses II the Great, famous for constructing many lasting monuments.

Here's hoping that the structure is to be replaced with something that could be analogous to what Ramesses II the Great would build if he were a Toronto architect.

View attachment 351250
comparing two designs, I would say Concord is ruining our city. They can definitely figure out which one is better but they build these ugly towers just to maximum their profit. Concord truly hurt everyone who love this city.
^ Like many here I agree that Concord has polluted our town with way too many bargain basement builds (unfortunately this one looks to be a 299m stain on the skyline).

But why did you flip (horizontally) the rendering... my old brain couldn't process this for a few minutes... is there some subtext I'm not getting?

View attachment 351249View attachment 351250
comparing two designs, I would say Concord is ruining our city. They can definitely figure out which one is better but they build these ugly towers just to maximum their profit. Concord truly hurt everyone who love this city.
Next time try putting some more effort into your 2-sentence premise/conclusion newbie. Oh, and make sure your copy/pastes don’t magically move buildings sites, unless you’re aiming for some fine artistic finesse. Come to think of it, the CN tower looks good East of Yonge.

Next time try putting some more effort into your 2-sentence premise/conclusion newbie. Oh, and make sure your copy/pastes don’t magically move buildings sites, unless you’re aiming for some fine artistic finesse. Come to think of it, the CN tower looks good East of Yonge.
I have no idea what you're trying to say given you're also a new member and the two renders are of the same site.

Granted the first render is the way back original proposal that I believe was like 350m and immediately shot down and was overhauled into what was finally approved by Cresford, but the overall sentiment remains and it is certainly the same site

Back