After reading the through this wonderful and lively debate the only question I'm left with is, why the constant 432 Park Avenue hate? I genuinely don't get it.
The building looks good according to me. But New Yorkers have singled it out as one of their worst buildings. Not to mention severe quality issues plaguing its multi million dollar houses.

Construction is expected to begin (resume) "next month":

TORONTO, Jan. 25, 2022 /CNW/ - Live in the sky. Concord Pacific / Adex brings form and function to fresh altitudes with its newest property, Concord Sky, an iconic addition to the downtown Toronto cityscape at 299 m tall. Unique in shape and height, Concord Sky is the country's second tallest residential tower and the fourth tallest structure in Canada overall. Centrally located at Yonge and Gerrard, the condo will house approximately 1100 units with construction remobilized next month.

TORONTO, Jan. 25, 2022 /CNW/ - Live in the sky. Concord Pacific / Adex brings form and function to fresh altitudes with its newest property, Concord Sky, an iconic addition to the downtown Toronto cityscape at 299 m tall. Unique in shape and height, Concord Sky is the country's second tallest residential tower and the fourth tallest structure in Canada overall. Centrally located at Yonge and Gerrard, the condo will house approximately 1100 units with construction remobilized next month.

Lots of radio ads for this right now.

My apologies if these are a repeat, but I don't see them in the last few pages:

1643121105951.png

1643121162932.png

1643121197307.png

1643121224079.png

There's a skyline rendering hidden in the Press Kit linked in that article ^.
Images via Concord:

Bike Rider with Concord Sky in Toronto cityscape.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 9.33.05 AM.png

Last edited:
Just to break my streak of negative comments. I do appreciate its massing/silhouette from a distance, it does add to the skyline.

I guess, similar to Aura, it has value in certain contexts.

Aura looks great a night. The Toronto skyline looks great at night. It's the day time where it rears its ugly heard.

Just to break my streak of negative comments. I do appreciate its massing/silhouette from a distance, it does add to the skyline.

I guess, similar to Aura, it has value in certain contexts.

My thoughts exactly. It creates a great silhouette for Toronto Skyline and adds massing to it. As long as they can light up the crown in a unique way. I am good.

Well I mean according to Concord this development will be as monumental as the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco, so clearly Toronto Heritage Preservation should look into getting this listed and designated ASAP. I mean, that's what they like protecting these days anyways right?

What is it with Toronto buildings, Aura and now this, where they would otherwise be fairly sleek and inoffensive if not for the blocky growth that's placed halfway up the tower?
Aura has a much worse case of it than this one, but I know what you mean. Aura was a wasted opportunity. I can't see ever warming up to its massing.

With Concord Sky, it too has some weird add-ons that visually muddy up the waters. Its cladding is going to be crucial if it's to look half-way decent.

Back