What's wrong with speculating just for the fun of it? Some of you people just take this stuff too seriously and others love nothing more than to criticize each other for the slightest reasons. Is spelling that important on a board like this? I think not! I also think Khristopher does have a point, people don't appreciate the effort of other posters and tend to be very critical of just about everything. I guess you just need to develop a thick skin, not just for this site but for all internet sites where people interact. It just tends to attract the most critical, mean-spirited people out there. I prefer that people criticize the buildings, instead of each other. And if people want to speculate about development, go ahead and do it. It's not hurting anyone. Lighten up people.

Last edited:
^ +1
I'll admit UD bugs me some times (OK, often) but also recognize he contributes positively to this forum in a number of ways including pictures and previously unstated information. Sure the teasing can be annoying but this place wouldn't be as fun without some speculation. Besides, I'm sure in the case of several members here they can't divulge all they know as soon as they find out for fear of putting at risk personal and/or professional relationships.

And as mentioned plenty of times before, if you don't like someone that much, there is always the ignore function.

^^ +1

The fact is that nobody is having a gun pointed at their head, forcing them to read UD's hints of future developments. I admit that I do not agree with UD's opinions on a large number of urban topics, but I find his occasional hints quite interesting. To forcibly stop him from posting them, or to attack him for making them, strikes me as being somewhere between over-controlling and outrageously authoritarian -- not to mention showing contempt for those people who are interested in what he has to say, by trying to stop UD from saying them in the first place.

Last edited:
Some of UD's comments come off as snarky or pretentious but he contributes pictures too, so you gotta take the bad with the good. A number of others are all snark, with nothing useful to contribute. I guess you've got to look at the big picture.

No but expecting others to express praise by default is - not to say that wanting to be appreciated (or expressing so to others) is a bad thing (we all do) but if you dissect the motivations a bit, it is ultimately at least partially grounded on the gratification of the individual engaging in the act. We really don't do anything if the audience is truly indifferent.

AoD

Thank you AoD, this is what I was implying (cheekily, as per my usual).

I didn't mean to detract from anyone's photographic contributions, which I always appreciate.

Even if the corner has been assembled with properties to the south, this will be a very challenging site to obtain approvals for, given the direction of the revised Tall Buildings Study which calls for major setbacks for towers on Yonge behind low rise podiums. On top of that, servicing a major tower from O'Keefe Lane would be challenging at best.

Even if the corner has been assembled with properties to the south, this will be a very challenging site to obtain approvals for, given the direction of the revised Tall Buildings Study which calls for major setbacks for towers on Yonge behind low rise podiums. On top of that, servicing a major tower from O'Keefe Lane would be challenging at best.

incorrect on both counts.

This is not a heritage building so the setback would be only 10m as I understand it - about 1/3 the lot depth?

Walked up Yonge Street today. The Great Gulf site is here:

20121013172018.jpg

Let's hope the historic red brick facade is maintained as it's one of the nicest along this stretch of Yonge.

Back