^this is a very expensive tower. there is no way Concord is going to build that. they will either heavily value engineer it or completely redesign it to look like their other crappy projects. it can take a few months.
My guess is Concord expanding from 85 to 90 floors and that’s how they are going to make more profit. I hope they are not planning to reduce ceiling height on each floor to make room for more floors

My guess is Concord expanding from 85 to 90 floors and that’s how they are going to make more profit. I hope they are not planning to reduce ceiling height on each floor to make room for more floors

We haven't yet seen 'The One' get its height increase; an increase here would be more challenging.

This is a building which can certainly shadow Allan Gardens.

The City really doesn't want a precedent that that is ok.

That said, nothing is immutable.

This is a building which can certainly shadow Allan Gardens.
Ysl shadow reaches sidewalk of Allan garden and that was reason reducing height from 98 floors to 85 floors but now if concord wants to expand more floors, the only way it can be done by reducing ceiling height on each floor while keeping shadow at sidewalk of Allen garden.

I hope this rises in its current form. Easily one of the top proposals in the city.
You know Concord (presumed), probably saved a crap tonne of money when cutting corners on all those window walls in CityPlace (to put it politley), will hopefully throw money at this project to make it the best looking in town. Of course, I know won't be holding my breath till I see that... >.<

I don't understand the hate for Concord on this forum. I don't judge Concord based on what they built two decades ago at City Place. I judge them based on what they are building now and IMO The Gloucester on Yonge is one of the the finest buildings in terms of building finishes to be built in recent times. I don't see any cost-cutting with The Gloucester Tower. https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-the-gloucester-on-yonge-147-82m-44s-concord-adex-a%E2%80%94a.19088/post-1675252
Concord did not design The Gloucester nor do they deserve any credit for it. That was all Cresford who had a way better track record. Here’s some recent examples of Concord’s work.

I don't understand the hate for Concord on this forum. I don't judge Concord based on what they built two decades ago at City Place. I judge them based on what they are building now and IMO The Gloucester on Yonge is one of the the finest buildings in terms of building finishes to be built in recent times. I don't see any cost-cutting with The Gloucester Tower. https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-the-gloucester-on-yonge-147-82m-44s-concord-adex-a%E2%80%94a.19088/post-1675252
Concord bought Gloucester from Cresford when it was 90% complete. all the credits for the quality of Gloucester goes to Cresford, not Concord.

YSL works continues today and first eviction casualties from YSL water pit today (last day for water dipping for two ducks in water and brown hawk sitting top end of wooden fence)
1620745849766.jpeg

Back