2026 seems like a long time seeing as all the zoning and everything is done, and the most of the digging to get it started.

Admittedly, including the digging of the pit; but King Blue took 5 years from ground break to occupancy.

It was also less than 1/2 the height of this proposal.

This tower is a beast so it doesn't surprise me that it will take at least 5 years to be completed. Just keep the current design please!

Received letter from YSL, concord take over this project, every buyer keep their contract. Expect finish time is 2026. Today has workers working on site
Rumors out there that Concord didn’t outright buy Ysl instead Concord became main developer and partner with Cresford so Cresford still alive but badly injured. Nobody knows but I guess most likely Concord will be expanding upward 90 stories and/or looking to expand south towards Ryerson learning centre building at Yonge/Gould street. So don’t count previous ceiling height going to be same.

Last edited:
Keep in mind a tower of this size can take well over a year from topping out to fully occupied. Start in earnest 2021 Q3, bottom out Q4, back to grade 2022 Q2/Q3, podium type levels complete 2023 Q1, 80+ more floors to top out 2025 Q1, fully clad Q3, fully occupy 2026 Q1/Q2. 2026 sounds about right.

Last edited:
Admittedly, including the digging of the pit; but King Blue took 5 years from ground break to occupancy.

It was also less than 1/2 the height of this proposal.

5 years seems like a long time for a project of that size so not a great comparison. Look how fast the Prestige is going up.

5 years seems like a long time for a project of that size so not a great comparison. Look how fast the Prestige is going up.

Prestige broke ground in March 2018, and will wrap ~ May 2022 all going well. That's 4 years, 2 months by my count.

King Blue is a better comparison for a couple of reasons.

1) Both sites had to deal w/heritage facade retention.

2} YSL is on a much tighter site vs Prestige which impacts construction time.

Note that 2026 is only 5 years away..........we're not talking a huge difference here.

Prestige broke ground in March 2018, and will wrap ~ May 2022 all going well. That's 4 years, 2 months by my count.

King Blue is a better comparison for a couple of reasons.

1) Both sites had to deal w/heritage facade retention.

2} YSL is on a much tighter site vs Prestige which impacts construction time.

Note that 2026 is only 5 years away..........we're not talking a huge difference here.

Keep in mind the Prestige is much taller than King Blue. So a much taller building in less time. That's my point.

Either way, seems like 4-5 years is the norm for these big buildings. I thought it was more like 2 years once they got going.

Rumors out there that Concord didn’t outright buy Ysl instead Concord became main developer and partner with Cresford so Cresford still alive but badly injured. Nobody knows but I guess most likely Concord will be expanding upward 90 stories and/or looking to expand south towards Ryerson learning centre building at Yonge/Gould street. So don’t count previous ceiling height going to be same.
That makes sense, and might be why a sale hasn't shown up yet for the main part of this development.

Crazy that Yonge and Gerrard is going to end up being our tallest intersection. Who would have guessed? Include the Chelsea which is in the works and you've got an entire skyline at one
3 Chelsea hotel towers + 1 at Yonge Gerard south/west corner + 1 at Yonge & elm south of Gerrard + 1 YSL + 1 at 415 Yonge just north of gerrard + 1 Aura + 1 at Yonge & Gould south of gerrard , total 9 towers around Yonge and gerrard intersection alone. That is Crazy

Crazy that Yonge and Gerrard is going to end up being our tallest intersection. Who would have guessed? Include the Chelsea which is in the works and you've got an entire skyline at one intersection.
Perfect place for all those tall towers in the skyline too as it adds to the peak around Aura. Looking forward to seeing Yonge Street lined with loads of height.

That makes sense, and might be why a sale hasn't shown up yet for the main part of this development.
Well Concord new construction office just opened few days ago at 357 1/2 Yonge just south of Zanzibar 12 1/2 feet frontage was sold on dec 21,2020 for 7.6 million dollars which owned by Cresford.previously, it is on land registry record but nothing for YSL Lot and if existing already sold Ysl condos contracts still in place then that’s the only thing make sense that cresford and concord joined for Ysl project. And concord is main developer. one thing for sure there won’t be a little park at 357a & 357 1/2 Yonge previously owned by cresford which we heard of previously instead of park concord might have different plans for south of YSL.

Last edited:

Back